Gransnet forums

Relationships

How I blushed

(39 Posts)
Lizbethann55 Mon 28-Oct-19 23:27:59

Thank you so much for all your advice when my DGD was driving me to distraction when her parents were away and we were looking after her. I also have a far more serious problem that I need all your help with but while I am trying to get it sorted in my head I thought this may amuse you all. DH and I are well into our 60s and are far from the fine physical specimens we were when we met. DH has no weight problems but is beginning to look scrawny. I am at least 3 stone overweight and am covered with lumps, bumps, stretch marks and cellulite. But despite that , we still enjoy a loving , physical side to our relationship. Well, as much as aching backs, dodgy hips and creaking knees will allow. DH loves to still buy me sexy night wear and although I am more a wincyette nightie sort of person, I am so flattered that he still likes to do this I am more than happy to oblige. Especially a red satin an lace thing that I think is called a teddy. And as it is only us two at home, no one else need know. Last week a red wash had just finished in the washing machine when one of my DDs came round. Unbidden and unasked she decided to help by putting up the washing. Oh, her face when she pulled out this bit of satin and lace!! Not a word was said, but I think our faces must have been as red as the teddy!!!!!blush

ladymuck Tue 29-Oct-19 06:53:04

Oh how lovely....your partner loves you and is not afraid to show it. Your DD can be reassured that being old and fat doesn't mean you can't be sexy!

Grannyjay Tue 29-Oct-19 07:18:36

That made me smile ?

Marydoll Tue 29-Oct-19 07:28:00

That cheered me up! grin

Yehbutnobut Tue 29-Oct-19 07:40:18

???. Love ir!

sodapop Tue 29-Oct-19 07:41:23

Cheered me up too lizbethann so good to hear about a loving relationship for a change, smile

Pantglas2 Tue 29-Oct-19 07:56:29

How lovely!

Liz46 Tue 29-Oct-19 08:23:41

You started my day with a smile. I'm no oil painting these days but my OH still fancies me too but doesn't mind if I wear my comfy nightie.

Davida1968 Tue 29-Oct-19 08:26:10

As they say in the USA: "Yay!! You go, girl!!"

BradfordLass72 Tue 29-Oct-19 08:29:04

being old and fat doesn't mean you can't be sexy!

Too right it doesn't ! grin

What a lovely post Lizbethann55 flowers

Bathsheba Tue 29-Oct-19 08:30:04

Oh this is so funny! Nothing wrong with your DD realising that you are a bit more than just her mum though wink

M0nica Tue 29-Oct-19 08:57:09

DC always find the fact that their parents have a sex life embarrassing. Some times one wonders where we went wrong in their education. Have they ever thought how they came into being?

Pantglas2 Tue 29-Oct-19 09:29:10

My only child thinks I did it once.......grin

dizzygran Tue 29-Oct-19 10:36:50

No need to blush.... Lovely to read of your loving relationship. Be happy. Bet your DD had a smile and a giggle later. Hope your marriage is as happy. xx

Minerva Tue 29-Oct-19 10:37:00

Pantglas that gave me a much needed giggle?

Feelingmyage55 Tue 29-Oct-19 10:40:52

Love it ?

Oopsminty Tue 29-Oct-19 10:41:41

Lovely story Lizbethann!

Reminds me a bit of my rather staid sister one Christmas.

She was handing out gifts and I opened a carrier bag which had a beautifully wrapped gift along with a rather worn black lacy basque.

Our faces.

Grannyknot Tue 29-Oct-19 10:45:11

DC always find the fact that their parents have a sex life embarrassing.

Doesn't the reverse reply too? I'm amazed that I ever managed to give my children any sex education. Because I don't wanna know! smile

Madmaggie Tue 29-Oct-19 10:55:45

Lizbethan55 what a great post. Yesterday was a series of annoying events and your post really picked me up and now I'm grinning.

jaylucy Tue 29-Oct-19 11:01:43

You are a lucky lady having such a loving husband!
I can remember my ex husband bought me a satin puce pink corset and matching crotchless knickers, with a white satin gown trimmed with down, 3 months after I gave birth to my son. No idea what he was thinking of - they must have been at least 2 sizes too small and as he handed them to me, and for several weeks after made nasty remarks about the weight I had put on during the pregnancy. Not what you want when you are suffering from PND !

Emptynester Tue 29-Oct-19 11:13:54

Jaylucy was pleased to see this was your ex-husband! How tactless of him. Poor you.
Lizbethann. This really made me laugh out loud. Good for you!

Theoddbird Tue 29-Oct-19 11:15:40

That brought a smile to my face...

bunny17 Tue 29-Oct-19 11:22:22

Ahh that's lovely?

westerlywind Tue 29-Oct-19 11:30:10

I am supposedly similar to Pantglas only I have 2 children and therefore I have done it twice!
Have our children not heard of the Swinging 60s? I was too young for the 60s but we were only slightly tamer in the 70s.
On the subject of sassy underwear, it was a daughter who took me to a certain underwear shop and had me measured and set up with nice, well-fitting undies. I expect she thinks I should look decent if I get knocked down in the street and taken to hospital!

Oldwoman70 Tue 29-Oct-19 11:52:41

Reminds me of the story (not sure if it true!) of an elderly woman at a family gathering. Someone asked what she was smiling about and she replied that she just realised most of the people present were only there because she got laid!