Gransnet forums

Relationships

Chat rooms

(8 Posts)
Danne Sat 07-Dec-19 18:03:13

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I need some advice.
I have just discovered my DH uses chat rooms. This came out during an argument. I'm not very knowledgeable about them as I have never thought about using them. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Should I be concerned? He spends a lot of time on his computer both for work and leisure, hours on end really. I've had my suspicions about him and other women for a lot of our fifteen years of marriage. As soon as I try to air my concerns he just says well get a solicitor then. Not sure what to do.

aggie Sat 07-Dec-19 18:06:32

Call his bluff , ask the Solicitor for advice

BlueBelle Sat 07-Dec-19 18:43:57

Not all chat rooms are ‘sexual’ I used to go on one from a local forum and it was, literally chat but it seems you have other suspicions and have had them most of your married life
Your question ‘should I be concerned’ is really impossible to answer as you seem to have no idea what kind of chat rooms he’s on, if they are sex chat rooms or chat rooms looking for a partner etc you really do need to worry If they are chat rooms belonging to a hobby or interest may be not
But I think there is a lot more to this and chat rooms are just the catalyst
Do you love him? Is the rest of your partnership good do you do things together, talk, have shared hobbies, take walks etc in other words have a good life together
Lots of questions to ask yourself

Tedber Wed 18-Dec-19 19:12:32

Chat rooms? Sorry I don't know what that means either? Is GN a chat room? If so, you HAVE thought about using them (you are on here)! Aren't there dozens of other 'chat rooms'? I'm not well up on it either so I guess unless you know exactly what he is indulging in then it is hard to give advice.

EllanVannin Wed 18-Dec-19 19:19:06

It could be discussion forums of all kinds of interests ? Or even a health one if he thinks he's got a problem.

Luckygirl Wed 18-Dec-19 19:23:01

If your OH's response to you is - get a solicitor then, then it really does sound as though there are some fundamental problems with your relationship anyway. If that is the case, then his advice is sound - you should speak to a solicitor.

sodapop Wed 18-Dec-19 19:28:35

I agree with previous posters about chat rooms but your husband's response does seem odd. Why would he want you to involve a solicitor at this stage ? As you have had previous concerns I would insist on an explanation or you should consider your position in this marriage. It doesn't seem like either of you are very happy Danne

sodapop Wed 18-Dec-19 19:29:59

Crossed posts Luckygirl