Gransnet forums

Relationships

Change of holiday plans

(78 Posts)
debi36 Sat 08-Feb-20 19:53:46

Dh and I have always talked of future (retirement) travel/holiday plans and wishes. Holidays have had to be carefully planned and rather restricted for the last decade as we had a dog and cat; so need to arrange for adult children to come home to pet sit. Pets have now passed on (at grand old ages, without pain, distress and with dignity). So we are free!!!!!!!
Now DH has said he doesn't want to fly anymore, all holidays have to be taken by train (he loves trains).
I feel rather taken aback, as if all my future dreams have been burst. We are still working, have savings and a comfortable income and I want to see the far side of the world before I get too old, become ill or whatever! When DH has made a decision that is that. I'm quite independent, I suppose I can go off by myself, but it's not how I thought it would be. A time to reconnect and spend time together. I'm rather sad.

Nico97 Mon 10-Feb-20 10:49:47

Shouldn't we ALL stop flying? - In a word, No !

H1954 Mon 10-Feb-20 13:33:11

Have a look at Tital Travel, they have some amazing holidays incorporating flying to far off countries and then touring by train!