Gransnet forums

Relationships

How About Some Good News?

(112 Posts)
Puzzled Thu 09-Jul-20 11:11:57

For any doubters,
Yes, we do argue and disagree, very strongly at times, but we get over it.
56 years and counting, so we still enjoy being together, if "still" is correct in this context.

Puzzled Thu 09-Jul-20 11:06:34

Keep the happy news coming!

Be happy with each other

Tangerine Thu 09-Jul-20 11:06:26

People who are unhappy often wish for advice. Perhaps happy people don't feel the need for it.

B9exchange Thu 09-Jul-20 11:04:25

Happy with mine, has bought me flowers twice in the past month, cooks 50% of meals, shares the housework 50/50 (though draws the line at cleaning the loos!) and is a good travel companion. GC adore him.

Last Chrismas he knew I was upset as we had no-one visiting, and came in on Christmas morning with a stocking stuffed with all the little things I would love.

Has definitely improved over the past 47 years, much easier to live with than 20 years ago!

Definite brownie points yesterday, I nicked a pair of his socks as didn't have any clean navy ones, he recognised them but told me I could keep them as he had plenty!

Puzzled Thu 09-Jul-20 11:04:16

It's nice to get presents that we want and can use. Like a hand wheel for my lathe one Christmas!
DW would not appreciate a small socket set, (I would) although she did find the secateurs and a Stanley knife useful

merlotgran Thu 09-Jul-20 10:51:59

Pretty knickers??? grin grin

The last surprise present I had was packet of cable ties for my woman drawer in the kitchen.

I keep nicking his to secure netting to frames in the veg garden grin

Riverwalk Thu 09-Jul-20 10:51:41

can’t say my DH has ever bought me pretty knickers though.

LTB!

Riverwalk Thu 09-Jul-20 10:50:23

After you Puzzle.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 09-Jul-20 10:49:07

Oh ? surely we can say if we are happy?

Whitewavemark2 Thu 09-Jul-20 10:48:25

Us?? - can’t say my DH has ever bought me pretty knickers though.

50+ years.

Lucca Thu 09-Jul-20 10:46:45

Would a post like that not fit into the “signalling” category as discussed last week ?!

Puzzled Thu 09-Jul-20 10:42:59

It saddens me to see so many posts on the lines of
"I don't like my husband. I can't wait to get out of this marriage, but can't afford to leave"
How many can, and will post something like
"We've been married for 50+ years. We have our own hobbies, interests and friends, but enjoy sharing activities and time, going out together.
We appreciate the small gestures like making and bringing a drink, the unexpected gift, a bar of chocolate, a shirt, jewelry, or pretty knickers. We we like to compliment each other on their appearance, dressed or otherwise.
We enjoy a hug and a cuddle. We make love to give pleasure to each other"

There must be some happy people out there, just say so!