Gransnet forums

Relationships

Sex laughs and bedroom fun

(107 Posts)
Gwiz5 Sun 09-May-21 10:31:11

Ok I am about to overshare and give you way too much info BUT I wondered if I am the only one ?!??‍♀️
I have a pretty active sex life and be with a husband who adores me.
We love a good laugh and this also extends to before sex and usually after too if the mood is right
So I do like to tell him that it appears that he is dead from the waist down as he has clear rigormortis or tell him the joy stick for his planned assault needs fixing , this amuses me no end and him.
It’s a bit of silliness and I don’t really care what anyone thinks !
I did wonder though is it just us ?!

sodapop Fri 04-Jun-21 08:39:53

honeyrose

Where sex is concerned, that ship has sailed for me and DH. I’m not particularly interested in anyone else’s bedroom romps, but the OP has certainly sparked a debate!

And that is what GN is all about honeyrose isn't it. We don't agree all the time and can pass by topics which don't interest us.

honeyrose Fri 04-Jun-21 08:31:48

Where sex is concerned, that ship has sailed for me and DH. I’m not particularly interested in anyone else’s bedroom romps, but the OP has certainly sparked a debate!

Puzzled Fri 04-Jun-21 08:16:30

You never know, Pink Cakes; you might pick up a few useful tips!

Sad to have the ability, and opportunity, but lack the interest.

Even sadder to have the desire, but unable.
Be grateful for the pleasures that you can have.

As the song says "You don't know what you're missing'til it's gone"

Takes all sorts, I suppose.

Jaxjacky Thu 03-Jun-21 21:41:57

Well we’re on the fifth page of comments, many not negative PinkCakes so I beg to differ.

sodapop Thu 03-Jun-21 20:50:55

Oh get over yourself Pinkcakes you certainly don't speak for me.

PinkCakes Thu 03-Jun-21 19:14:56

Nobody cares about you, OP, and your sex life!

Puzzled Thu 03-Jun-21 18:42:14

As Gagajo says, if we have children, we did, and hopefully still do.
And unless here is some physical disability, it is good that we still do. It is good for us, mentally and physically.
Studies by various universities have shown that regular sex, slows the onset of Alzheimers, so it must be good!
It is a wonderful bonding agent.

We don't boast of not eating when we have the opportunity.

Shinamae Wed 19-May-21 16:56:38

GagaJo

Exactly. We all do it, nothing to be sniffy about.

I always think it's a ludicrous act really. If aliens could look down and see us!

I don’t, and haven’t for 30 years...?

GagaJo Wed 19-May-21 16:42:27

Exactly. We all do it, nothing to be sniffy about.

I always think it's a ludicrous act really. If aliens could look down and see us!

DiscoDancer1975 Wed 19-May-21 16:37:09

Well...whatever anyone thinks or says, it’s got 4 pages, more than some of the really interesting topics which fizzle out on page 1. ?

Puzzled Tue 18-May-21 16:31:57

If they are both having fun and enjoying themselves, Why not? No one is describing how they hang from the chandeliers.
An elderly widow one said to me "Sex is important in a marriage. If the sex is good, the marriage is good"
Sex strengthens the pair bond, as one of the advantages.

If the thread helps anyone , or a couple who are having problems, all well and good. If the help / advice is anonymous, no one need feel embarassed. You are hardly going to recognise each other in the supermarket!

S i L gave a little advice which helped us when we had a problem.
Sensible, and sensitive discussion can be a benefit in problem solving. It might even save a marriage

Blossoming Thu 13-May-21 21:16:57

Nothing wrong with having fun, nothing wrong with having sex and nothing wrong with combining the two. I’m not sharing any details though.

EllanVannin Thu 13-May-21 10:53:21

Have a few worries, you won't be thinking about sex or anything along those lines. Nothing like trauma for putting you off such frivolities !

Atqui Thu 13-May-21 10:46:42

Sorry I meant if they want to know if anyone else makes jokes about sex

Atqui Thu 13-May-21 10:45:39

If G wiz wants to know if she and her partner ( or he and his partner) make jokes about sex in a loving relationship , I see nothing offensive. The title is very clear , so if talk about sex offends anyone just don’t read it. If having read it the remarks were referring to abuse or were obscene I would report it , but it seems pretty tame to me.

Katie59 Thu 13-May-21 09:02:13

Gransnet - a forum for Grandparents to discuss the issues faced by older men and women.

Many of us become grandparents in our 40s and sex is part of life for a great many of us and we should be able to discuss problems and have the benefit of other experiences. The OP apologized for any offense caused very quickly, so why has it become a witch hunt.

Or has it just turned into online bullying that our grandchildren have to endure on their social media

sillydevil Wed 12-May-21 22:59:50

As Churchill may have said when asked about sex - "Sex...I enjoy it immensely”. It sums it up nicely for me,

Callistemon Sun 09-May-21 21:18:25

GagaJo

Humourless. No wonder the younger generations think we're past it.

Speak for yourself!

I feel sorry for Mr Gwiz5

FannyCornforth Sun 09-May-21 19:50:33

Jaxjacky

Fanny I think your interpretation of the comments on ‘sexual’ problems’ is the opposite to mine, I read it as positive banter on virility, shared by both of them.

And shared with Gransnet and the internet too. How heart-warming! I bet he's chuffed to bits (if indeed he exists)

Sago Sun 09-May-21 19:50:18

If being a “ Pearl clutcher” means not discussing my sex life with men and women whom I have never met then yes I am proud to be one.

To start such a conversation with strangers is coarse.

FannyCornforth Sun 09-May-21 19:45:35

Emily49 it was a *joke"
And quite a funny one, even if I do say so myself...

Galaxy Sun 09-May-21 19:24:51

So in what way is this different to all the outraged reports about the good morning thread the other day.

hollysteers Sun 09-May-21 19:17:49

OP, obviously diagnosis is a big part of your hilarious sex life,
so carry on and enjoy yourself.

Chewbacca Sun 09-May-21 18:58:02

Humourless. No wonder the younger generations think we're past it.

Evidence for this far sweeping generalisation please Gagajo?

Emily49 Sun 09-May-21 18:53:56

FannyCornforth

Callistemon I'm not even remotely interested in my own

That’s a bit sad really