Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Happy christmas eve to one and all

(17 Posts)
baubles Mon 24-Dec-12 07:15:00

nice wee article

DH, DS & I are off to the film theatre to see Its a Wonderful Life this afternoon.

'Cause it is - a wonderful life - I mean smile

MiceElf Mon 24-Dec-12 07:40:52

A lovely article here

www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/dec/23/week-ahead-midnight-mass-doctor-who

whenim64 Mon 24-Dec-12 08:04:16

Lovely MiceElf. My sentiments, too smile

gracesmum Mon 24-Dec-12 09:01:25

In case I do not get online again in the next few days - a Happy Christmas to you all, thank you for your companionship and support and most of all your good humour in the past 12 months wine wine!!(N0 it's not too early, there's a yardarm somewhere that the sun is under!)

Marelli Mon 24-Dec-12 09:43:25

baubles - you are so right. It IS a wonderful life, indeed. We have such a lot to be thankful for. Enjoy your Christmas and the film - I would love to be able to see that again. smile
And you ,too, gracesmum, have a fine Christmas! Cheers! wine smile

wisewoman Mon 24-Dec-12 09:52:59

Indeed, so much to be thankful for! DH has been very unwell and had to have major surgery two weeks ago. Thankfully he is home, eating well and recovering and we are looking forward to a peaceful Christmas together. Our family and friends have been brilliant throughout and we are truly blessed. All the mad preparations for Christmas have passed us by and I realise they are not necessary. Just having family, friends and good health is all that is needed for a "perfect" Christmas. Merry Christmas to you all. wine

Nonu Mon 24-Dec-12 10:07:42

Happy Christmas eve . to one and all .

Don"t forget the Snowman CH. 4 8pm.

smilesmile

jeni Mon 24-Dec-12 10:14:46

A very happy and peaceful christmas to you all , my very dear friends

whenim64 Mon 24-Dec-12 11:10:20

....and the same good wishes to you, dear jeni. Don't forget to share your adventures on shore if/when you visit exciting places smile

london Mon 24-Dec-12 11:21:34

happy christmas eve to all G/NS and hope my DD1 gets out of hospital to day smile

glammanana Mon 24-Dec-12 14:22:07

Every good wish for a Happy Christmas Eve and a peaceful Christmas to all my Gransnet pals old and new,enjoy the festivities and keep well and safe.glamma xx
london fingers crossed for you DD I hope she gets to be home with you and your family.

NannaAnna Mon 24-Dec-12 20:17:36

I don't post that often, but I do pop on most days to see what the regulars are -getting their knickers in a twist about- discussing grin
I'd like to wish a wonderful Christmas to all Gransnetters, whether 'regulars' or 'just browsing-ers'
PS: I'm one of the new 'Gransnet Local' editors (for two locations!), so can I add a shout-out for the local pages and ask you to support yours (if you have one in the initial launch) once they go live smile
Happy Christmas one and all!

NannaAnna Mon 24-Dec-12 20:18:44

Whoops - why didn't the strikethrough work???

NannaAnna Mon 24-Dec-12 20:20:21

to see what the regulars are getting their knickers in a twist about discussing grin ... that's better.
Need to hone my 'editing' skills, obviously!

artygran Mon 24-Dec-12 20:23:15

Every good wish to all Gransnet members for a Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year..... Now where are those mince pies? winewine!

merlotgran Mon 24-Dec-12 20:25:18

Happy Christmas everyone. I will have a houseful for the next two days so might not be able to look in. Hope you all have a wonderful time and my very best wishes to anyone who is apart from their family. Keep smiling smile

Nelliemoser Mon 24-Dec-12 21:10:34

I am doing a semi posh dinner tomorrow but big Christmas will be when DD & co come on Thursday. Till then its me and him and its me that does all the work!
I hope you all have a peaceful time . For those like me who are not fans of Christmas take it easy and stay calm its just another day.

Best wishes to all.