Anne58 Mon 25-Feb-13 16:11:36

Whatever next!

Ella46 Mon 25-Feb-13 16:15:20

Is it serious? confused

Anne58 Mon 25-Feb-13 16:16:16

I rather think it is, Ella

JessM Mon 25-Feb-13 16:33:27

Naaa.
There's one off the list today anyway with the resignation in Scotland, Apparently because victims of harassment not happy that he should be part of the selection team for the next one.
One down ... how many more to go?
(I remember my MIL complaining about a previous parish priest:- can't understand him, he cant understand us, he's obviously miserable and he is making a complete mess of the parish finances. I said why not complain? Reply was that the bishop's normal method of dealing with complaints about priests was to send the complaint letter to the priest. grin)

nanaej Mon 25-Feb-13 16:36:51

I got Link from facebook friend a former anglican now RC (over women bishops). I can't decide if it is for real or a pish take!

j08 Mon 25-Feb-13 16:39:11

I don't think it's a piss-take. Don't know who dreamed it up though.

j08 Mon 25-Feb-13 16:39:55

You can't even choose your own Cardinal. I would want the African one.

Anne58 Mon 25-Feb-13 16:50:23

Are you sure you're not Madonna in disguise, j08?

j08 Mon 25-Feb-13 16:53:41

I'm quite sure I'm not! shock

#respectisgood

JessM Mon 25-Feb-13 16:59:51

Cant' choose your own priest either. Take what's given and put up with it.
My DH's uncle lived in the extreme south of ireland. Their priest of some years retired. The parish (not a wealthy one) gave him a sports car as a retirement gift! The were really miffed when it emerged that he was a paedophile but they never got their sports car back.
Suspect some of the Africans are less liberal than the europeans. They can be very anti-gay. What about a S American? Never been one from the Americas either.

LullyDully Mon 25-Feb-13 17:48:57

We just one who can understand the needs of the 21st century as well as do his reigious bit. Less children, more contraception needed in this world which is about to explode with children. {goes for all religions and none.}

nanaej Mon 25-Feb-13 18:32:09

more RCs in S America than anywhere else so would be fair for Pope to be from a S American country!

JessM Mon 25-Feb-13 19:04:48

and then there is AIDS lullydully

LullyDully Mon 25-Feb-13 20:11:06

That is right.. such hypocracy makes me despair.

LullyDully Mon 25-Feb-13 20:24:29

But will shut up as I really do not want to offend anyone's religion.
They are all as bad as one another, as humans have sway.

The morals, doctrine and ethics of the world's great religions are another matter all together and have a great deal more in common than the followers admit.

AlieOxon Mon 25-Feb-13 20:29:02

Adopt a Cardinal - they may be an endangered species....

nanaej Mon 25-Feb-13 21:12:22

Can I go to visit him or get regular updates as I do with the meercat I adopted at
Drusillas zoo?

Galen Mon 25-Feb-13 21:17:23

Can I borrow his gorgeous robes? I love the colour and cutenvy

Faye Wed 27-Feb-13 03:44:50

This doesn't surprise me but I have been astounded that the pope has resigned, let alone because of an investigation and uncovering of groups within the Vatican of gay men. These men, including high ranking clergy have engaged in sexual activity with male prostitutes and at organized sex romps. confused

Really, the sheer hypocrisy of these people and they have the gall to be against same sex marriage. Then to top it off the UK's own Cardinal O’Brien, a highly enthusiastic opponent of the government’s recent Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill, describing same-sex civil marriage as “a grotesque subversion of a universally accepted human right," has resigned because he has been accused of improper conduct against unwilling colleagues. Oh really, I am even more confused and the word hypocrite springs to my mind.

I have always enjoyed reading the prophecies about the popes, whether it is true or not. After Benedict, Peter is said to be the last. One could only hope. smile

JessM Wed 27-Feb-13 12:32:36

We are in agreement about this faye. (as opposed to diet coke)
Apparently the pope will have to give up his jewellery and his red shoes. i rest my case. hmm

gillybob Wed 27-Feb-13 12:40:03

Ermm Could I have one from the bottom and four from the top please?

grin

Mishap Wed 27-Feb-13 14:16:56

Pick-a-Pope? - I'd really rather not!

It smacks of a Monty Python sketch!

bluebell Thu 28-Feb-13 01:38:36

Lullydully - what the world's 'great' religions have most in common is a pretty negative attitude towards women and very odd ideas about sex!!

YankeeGran Sun 21-Apr-13 14:29:17

Bluebell - these reflect the attitudes of the men in charge!