Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Pauline Cafferkey

(43 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Sat 03-Jan-15 22:05:42

Shall we pray for her? So unfair if she loses her life after being brave enough to go out and nurse Ebola victims.

I wish some of the drug that helped the priest in the US was available for her. sad

Alea Tue 23-Feb-16 21:25:57

Wise move though. The Royal Free are a centre of excellence for this sort of care.

POGS Tue 23-Feb-16 15:12:46

Such a shame she is being transferred to London again due to recurrent health problems. She obviously has to be transferred in quarantine conditions via the RAF initially.

We still seem to have so much to learn about Ebola. I hope she finds the strength once again to get back to good health , what a worry for her and her family.

Lapwing Mon 26-Jan-15 10:02:31

I watched her speaking on the news and it was amazing to hear her story - the hospital did an amazing job. Loved it when she said that Irn Bru (sp) helped her recovery.

Jane10 Mon 26-Jan-15 09:58:13

It was so good to see her photo in the paper today. She's looking really well! Interesting to hear her perspective on how it felt to have Ebola: from what's all the fuss about to feeling like death in days. That's with all the resources of a large nhs hospital. What must it be like for the poor souls in the West African countryside and their families?

NotTooOld Sun 25-Jan-15 22:44:48

I was pleased to hear that she is not intending to go back to Africa as she thinks her family would not welcome the idea.

Anya Sun 25-Jan-15 08:07:19

This is a horrible disease and I really admire all those brave health workers who risk their own health to fight the ebola outbreak. Without them this virus could easily have gone global.

Pauline is just one of many, but her illness and recovery have reminded us of all the others still carrying on the fight, which is by no means over yet.

PRINTMISS Sun 25-Jan-15 07:55:05

It was so good to see her smiling face. Her family must be relieved and pleased. A happy story for the weekend.

Eloethan Sun 25-Jan-15 00:51:13

Great news. So glad that she is fully recovered. Well done to her and to the NHS.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 24-Jan-15 22:35:22

We're very lucky in this country. So glad she's made it. Well done Pauline. And the docs.

durhamjen Sat 24-Jan-15 22:31:39

I'm pleased she said she was just wanting to get back to her normal job now, and that her family would like that too.
She also praised the Royal Free.

Soutra Sat 24-Jan-15 21:31:56

Fantastic news. - well done Royal Free!!smile

rosequartz Sat 24-Jan-15 19:24:21

That is wonderful news.
I did google a couple of days ago to see how she was doing, it said she was well but still in isolation as a safety precaution.

Yes, well done to the NHS.

POGS Sat 24-Jan-15 19:03:19

tanith

Well said smile

Tegan Sat 24-Jan-15 18:57:22

Maybe she and the male nurse who recovered from Ebola here have done more for the vicitms in Africa than they'd realised, given that other countries are now pulling out all the stops now to find a cure because they realised that they, too were threatened by it. I'm so pleased to hear she's on the road to recovery as I'm amazed at the bravery of the nursing staff who help Ebola patients.

MiniMouse Sat 24-Jan-15 18:45:10

Oh, how fantastic to hear she's recovered smile

Wheniwasyourage Sat 24-Jan-15 18:37:00

Hear hear! smilesmile

tanith Sat 24-Jan-15 18:34:56

I just saw her too, she looks so well who would know how ill she's been... well done to the NHS and all those that contributed to her recovery..

POGS Sat 24-Jan-15 18:18:47

Just wanted to say how lovely it was seeing her interview having fully recovered.

What a super lady.

Mishap Mon 05-Jan-15 20:15:17

Stabilised sounds promising - we can only hope.

Agus Mon 05-Jan-15 18:15:35

That is very hopeful news. Come on Pauline dig deep for every bit of fight someone or your character must have.

whitewave Mon 05-Jan-15 18:10:37

Good for the scientists and doctors attending her hopefully they are helping her to win the fight.

Soutra Mon 05-Jan-15 18:09:24

I believe that while she remains seriously ill, her condition has stabilised (BBC online news just a little while ago) so that is a step in the right direction. Let us hope she has turned the corner smile

Iam64 Sun 04-Jan-15 20:30:31

Thanks Jing, yes those of us who pray will add Pauline, her loved ones and the other people who travelled with her

whitewave Sun 04-Jan-15 17:46:52

I am so hoping that the antibodies will eventually kick in and deal with the bug. Presumably they will take a time to reach a proper level, so fingers crossed she survives until then and lives. as another survivor.

loopylou Sun 04-Jan-15 17:46:47

That's the saddest bit, the non-contact, the family not being able to to give a hug, hold a hand, let alone a kiss.