Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Genuine spiritual healers

(31 Posts)
freebird Tue 05-Mar-19 00:29:42

Hello,

I am looking for a person who is a healer to help treat and cure my condition. I have been searching and there a lot of people who are not genuinely invested in helping people.

I believe in God, the universe, spirits, and the ability of people to be able to help cure people of illnesses. If anyone is and/or knows a genuine healer, please send me a message, leave an email, comment or anything!

Thank you smile

anniezzz09 Wed 19-Feb-20 16:21:28

There's a good thread running about being invisible, might be relevant, or the one about cloth ears!

Esspee Wed 19-Feb-20 14:02:14

Google Wikipedia “List of prizes for evidence of the paranormal”
Over the last 100 years numerous people and organisations have challenged anyone to prove they have paranormal powers and substantial rewards have been offered.
Not one prize has been awarded as not one person has been able to demonstrate paranormal powers under controlled conditions.
Please don’t waste your time with this. These healing industries prey on the gullible.

Greenfinch Sat 15-Feb-20 13:25:43

I am not sure what you mean by spiritual healers. I believe that we are made up of body, mind and spirit which are all inter connected .We can trust doctors for physical healing, psychiatrists for mental healing and spiritual healing can be found within the churches. I do not feel it has anything to do with mediums and spirits.

Alexa Sat 15-Feb-20 12:52:03

Hetty, I'd have thought like you except for a healing event involving me which was spooky and which I was able to examine without bias. I am normally sceptical.

anniezzz09 Tue 11-Feb-20 12:13:25

It might be worth considering that the etymology of the word 'heal' which is not curing of a condition as such, but to 'make whole'.

It's sad that posts about spiritual healing or similar are immediately rubbished by some, everyone is entitled to say what they believe without censorship!

If one thinks about the connection between mind and body and the understanding that is growing that illness may well be a reflection of inner battles or happenings in life (or indeed in family history: Google epigenetics), then finding a person who has the capacity to offer time and love may well lead to some kind of healing.

If healing means quite possibly, not a medical 'cure', but finding inner peace or coming to terms with the physical or mental condition with a medical name then surely, that is as valid as one's body being all but wrecked by chemotherapy or similar and then dying anyway feeling wretched.

Hetty58 Tue 11-Feb-20 11:52:03

I don't believe there is any such thing as a 'genuine spiritual healer'. Healing comes from your own belief in it working - just like the placebo effect. Still, that's no reason not to try it!

Alexa Tue 11-Feb-20 11:41:09

Freebird, you would be more likely to find a genuine healer if you did not believe in spirits, God, the universe and so on. What I mean is a sceptical attitude protects you.

endlessstrife Tue 11-Feb-20 11:17:59

I’ve talked on these topics before, and don’t want to get into a discussion again. You say you believe in God. He is the only healer. He does it through conventional medicine, or by Christians who have the gift of healing, and do it in the name of Jesus. The Bible warns us against any other type of healing. I will pray for healing for you.

Susan55 Tue 11-Feb-20 10:58:53

I hope you manage to find a healer who can help you but just want to mention the work of Dr Joe Dispenza who helps people to heal themselves. He offers some very good advice which I have personally found very helpful.

blondenana Mon 14-Oct-19 18:00:27

I would also suggest your local Spiritualist church, you might also get recommendations from and about local healers

Whitewavemark2 Mon 14-Oct-19 17:51:15

No! Don’t do it! See your doctor or councillor

grandma60 Mon 14-Oct-19 17:31:23

Freebird As others have said, please get medical advice and don't just rely on spiritual healing, but if you want to keep an open mind and give it a try I suggest you contact your local Spiritualist Church. They may make a small charge or donation, but won't be looking for huge profits.

BlueBelle Mon 14-Oct-19 11:47:52

I agree with your post whitewave I don’t believe anyone who says they can heal the sick are genuine Money it seems is is always involved
Work with counsellors, doctors, or do your own homework about what ever is bothering you but don’t pay out money to ‘healers’ or ‘mediums’

Whitewavemark2 Sat 05-Oct-19 08:10:03

Ask yourself this.

Why, if spiritual healing works aren’t people queueing in droves to get healed rather then depend on science?

It is because they are rogues and charlatans the lot of them preying on the vulnerable and gullible.

You would much better advised to see your doctor or councillor to help you.

BradfordLass72 Sat 05-Oct-19 06:04:36

I have heard that Matthew Manning is one of the UKs most famous healers.

matthewmanning.net/testimonials

Whitewavemark2 Fri 04-Oct-19 19:44:29

Oh dear I do think this whole thread should be deleted, it is bringing out all those who prey on the vulnerable

reva Fri 04-Oct-19 19:32:59

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

goldsworthyc27 Sun 29-Sep-19 13:26:03

stevenk Mon 10-Jun-19 04:55:46

www.amaravati.org/ Sorry wrong link.

stevenk Mon 10-Jun-19 04:53:01

Only you can heal yourself. some good talks on this Uhttps://www.amaravati.org/

SirGramps Wed 01-May-19 13:12:53

mumofmadboys Sun 24-Mar-19 07:54:25

You could contact your local vicar and ask him/ her to pray with you.

Lyndiloo Sun 24-Mar-19 00:58:08

Thank you, DanniRae, will do that.

Elegran Sat 23-Mar-19 09:28:05

While you are getting spiritual help for your condition, freebird, don't turn your back on standard medical treatment. That too has a solid history of being able to help cure people of illness, and, perhaps, fewer practitioners who have little interest in completing the treatment and ensuring successful results than you have found in your search.

Elegran Sat 23-Mar-19 09:27:43

While you are getting spiritual help for your condition, freebird, don't turn your back on standard medical treatment. That too has a solid history of being able to help cure people of illness, and, perhaps, fewer practitioners who have little interest in completing the treatment and ensuring successful results than you have found in your search.