Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

No Good Friday Programmes on TV?

(7 Posts)
grannyrebel7 Sat 11-Apr-20 08:37:00

Just wondering if there were any religious programmes on TV yesterday to mark Good Friday. I searched and couldn't find any at all. I know we're becoming a more secular society in normal times, but as more people are turning to God for help in the current crisis I expected there to be at least one programme to make reference to Good Friday, which is one of the holiest days of the Christian calendar.

TwiceAsNice Sat 11-Apr-20 08:41:06

No you are right there was nothing! When the TV supplement arrived in last weekends paper I searched the Friday listings and couldn’t believe that absolutely nothing was scheduled not even a religious themed film. Religion seems to be the last “ minority” now.

I watched on line my churches prayer service for Good Friday but I was disappointed there was nothing on television

Missfoodlove Sat 11-Apr-20 08:47:06

Plenty of services to be streamed on Easter Sunday.

ArtySue Sat 11-Apr-20 08:51:43

I had thought there would be a Good Friday programme on TV too. But when I saw there wasn't I took myself off to my allotment (which is full of herbs and surrounded by trees) and had a beautiful time reading my Bible there. Where I live our churches gather for an Easter Day sunrise service on a headland but this year I'll be sitting on my patio watching the sun come up!!

grannyrebel7 Sat 11-Apr-20 08:56:52

Yes it was very disappointingangry Shame on you BBC & ITV!

morethan2 Sun 12-Apr-20 08:46:32

I thought the same and was disappointed.

Iam64 Sun 12-Apr-20 08:56:39

Beautiful music on radio 3 , reflecting the Easter period