Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Happy St Patrick’s Day ☘️☘️☘️

(13 Posts)
Humduh Fri 17-Mar-23 13:09:49

I had home made soda bread, rhubarb jam and a nice strong tea

Jaxjacky Fri 17-Mar-23 12:11:28

We’ll be down our local tonight for a pint of the black stuff, back from our Cheltenham trip, me the sole English person with 11 Irish family and friends!
Good luck those have a flutter, slainte!

Farmor15 Fri 17-Mar-23 12:11:03

Thanks for greetings from a Gransnetter in a very rainy Irelandsmile. DD and family visiting for weekend so we had to go for a splashing in puddles walk earlier so they could burn off some energy!

Beechnut Fri 17-Mar-23 12:06:37

I pulled something earlier and have a twinge so I won’t be doing it today Grannynannywanny.

I have bought a green cardigan though and have green eyes 👒🪖🧤🩲

Joseanne Fri 17-Mar-23 12:00:07

By Bob Chilcott. 🎶

Joseanne Fri 17-Mar-23 11:59:35

They just played a beautiful arrangement of Danny Boy on Classic FM as I was driving on my way to teach. Very moving.
Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Grannynannywanny Fri 17-Mar-23 11:56:37

A link to some lively footwork. The wonderful dancer Emma O’Sullivan and the brush dance. You’ll have to try it ladies when you’re doing your housework. I occasionally do my version to amuse the grandchildren and they find it hilarious. The last time I attempted it their dog ran out of the kitchen with a look of bewilderment on her little face 🤣

The clip takes a few seconds to start.
irishculturalcentre.co.uk/icc_digital/emma-osullivan-brush-dance/

FannyCornforth Fri 17-Mar-23 10:31:54

I too like Guinness very much;
my next door neighbour for 15 years was a wonderful old Irish gent; and I myself am Catholic adjacent, so much of the time I am proud to identify as Irish.

☘️ Happy St Patrick’s Day! ☘️

SachaMac Fri 17-Mar-23 10:28:41

May pleasure walk with you;
May luck smile upon you; and
may joy be at home in your heart.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day ☘️

Redhead56 Fri 17-Mar-23 10:23:11

Slainte! I do have Irish also Scottish and Welsh in my genes and I do like Guinness.

henetha Fri 17-Mar-23 09:58:29

My link with Ireland is that I have a wonderful Irish Grandson-in-law. He is a lovely man. I've visited many times and he and his family are so warm hearted and welcoming.
So Happy St.Patrick's day to everyone.

Sago Fri 17-Mar-23 09:43:30

Thank you.
Despite my Irishness I cannot drink Guinness, I have however placed some bets at Cheltenham and there’s some nice stuff in the fridge.

Grannynannywanny Fri 17-Mar-23 07:28:09

Wishing a happy St Patrick’s Day to everyone and especially to our Irish Gransnetters ☘️