Gransnet forums

Scams and fraud

An Outfit Called 'ismybillfar' Have Just Informed Me.....

(4 Posts)
Margs Wed 09-Sept-26 11:23:05

....... that my energy bills will be £500 higher than in the Spring from October and I should sign up their deal right way.

Do these thieves never give up?

Cressida Wed 09-Sept-26 13:09:34

There is a company called Ismybillfair but if you have never heard of them then you obviously have never given them your details.

If you are registered with the TPS then UK companies need your permission to call you.

Graphite Wed 09-Sept-26 13:23:10

It is a genuine company regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. It’s comparison business is similar to USwitch and has a TrustPilot rating of 4.8/5.

I don’t know why OP thinks everyone is out to scam her.

Cressida Wed 09-Sept-26 15:22:14

I think in this case she was right to be wary as the price cap is rising in October so bills will rise and the scammers have grabbed the opportunity to con the unwary. I've had an email about it but not everyone has an email account registered with their energy provider.

A few days ago I got an email from the Police via Neighbourhoodalert warning students to be wary of possible scams concerning Student Maintenance Loans because they are being sent out now.