Gransnet forums

Scams and fraud

Has anyone used a lock on your car pedal?

(5 Posts)
Buddleja Thu 17-Sept-26 15:12:37

I have noticed a couple of products on the market that claim to lock your car by attaching to one of the pedals. They are much cheaper than crook locks and it occurs to me that you could use both. This will mean more to London-based Gransnetters than to people living in less crime-ridden areas of the country. Has anyone used one of these pedal locks? Do they work or are they cheap for a reason?

PamelaJ1 Thu 17-Sept-26 19:41:45

Sorry, know nothing about them but might be interesting to know if anyone has ant experience.

karmalady Thu 17-Sept-26 19:48:29

I used to put a yellow visible steering wheel lock on my land rover. It was a visible and strong deterrent, which is much better than something which cannot be seen. It did work

Cillafan Thu 08-Oct-26 15:13:12

I'll look them up to see what they're about, but I've always been happy with my 45 year old krooklok, just hope I never lose the keys!......😄

NotSpaghetti Thu 08-Oct-26 15:28:53

Woild think deterrent would be best.
No point them breaking in and then discovering the lock after in my opinion