Gransnet forums

Scams and fraud

Anyone else getting more scam messages lately?

(6 Posts)
Visgir1 Wed 07-Oct-26 17:40:06

No not really ... The odd one but I block it.

Mollygo Wed 07-Oct-26 17:30:58

Not definitely scams, but the number of add me messages has multiplied.

Sago Wed 07-Oct-26 16:32:48

We have a lot at the moment, we think it’s the Manchester Airport Group data breach.

Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 15:38:35

Nothing. But I always report, block and delete any calls and emails I get I suspect are scams.

Jaxjacky Wed 07-Oct-26 15:34:07

Nope, not online or on my mobile.

Patrica1010 Wed 07-Oct-26 15:20:28

Seems to be a lot of scam messages about at the moment. I've had a fake Evri text asking for a redelivery fee, and a parking fine one with a link to pay. And Cillafan had the TV licence email earlier.

I've also heard of people getting calls from "the bank" asking them to move money to a safe account. Banks never ask that.

I tend to just ignore anything rushing me to pay and ring the company myself if I'm unsure.

Anyone else had any recently?