Gransnet forums

Science/nature/environment

Wolf talk

(6 Posts)
vampirequeen Mon 22-Jul-13 09:27:52

I don't own a dog but I can tell the difference between neighbours dogs. Some are laid back and only make a noise if something happens but others chunter constantly like whenim64's dog.

j08 Mon 22-Jul-13 09:22:28

I can believe that. #gameofthrones

whenim64 Mon 22-Jul-13 09:16:28

My basset talks and grumbles constantly. She reminds me of Spotty Dog in the Woodentops. She's patrolling by the glass back door now and I'll know by her growls and mutters when a squirrel breaches her security cordon and has the temerity to come into her garden. Nice to have a dog with a mission! grin

Iam64 Mon 22-Jul-13 08:49:56

This made me smile Bags, thanks for that. I am about to set off with my dogs for a long walk, before it gets too hot (it's never too hot is it). I know that the link between domesticated dogs and wolves is the subject of endless debate but I find it so easy to accept that it's possible to identify which wolf is "speaking". Our labradoodle is very vocal, she isn't a barker particularly, though will let us know if anyone is approaching the door, but vocalises when she's pleased with life. As she is pleased with life much of the time, we have a background of throaty comments from her much of the time.

Bags Mon 22-Jul-13 08:30:23

individual

Bags Mon 22-Jul-13 08:30:11

Wolves' individuals voices can now be recognised.