Can anyone help me identify these two plants? They have been grown from cuttings I was given last September from a friend's mother's garden. The salvia is a beautiful deep cherry red. I don't recognise the daisy like plant at all.
I'm winning the 'War of the Slugs'! The little blighters had eaten most of this delphinium so a week ago I wrapped it in cotton wool and now look at it.
If you look closely you will see there are 5 dead slugs who have tried to get past the barrier and died in the attempt.
Me too! I hate it when the forget-me-nots go over.
Shysal my heart is always in my mouth when I see people hovermowing steep banks because I remember how hard it was for me. I was always convinced I was going to trip over the line one day and end up on the road below.
Just been out and taken these, of cornflowers, forget-me-nots and Welsh poppies, and the sunny border in my back garden. The tulips are just about over but still give a splash of colour. Lots of other things about to burst into flower to replace them. I love this time of year.
Back to the subject of kitchen views. Mine is not great, being north facing, although I quite like the variegated acer in the communal area. The best sight is of a helpful neighbour who loves mowing, cutting the grass in front of 7 of the houses in my terrace! That is my least favourite gardening job, being on a steep slope at the back, requiring crampons on my boots and dangling a Flymo!