Gransnet forums

Science/nature/environment

New climate science

(8 Posts)
whenim64 Wed 23-Apr-14 17:03:11

carboncareful you have been addressing comments to bags/baggy/thatbags on the issue of climate change for the last three years hmm

carboncareful Wed 23-Apr-14 16:09:52

Who is thatbags? Is she/he/they another reincarnation? Sorry, I've been having a rest from gransnet for a while so am not up-to-date bag-wise.

Ariadne Wed 16-Apr-14 17:53:23

Wouldn't call bags a "nerd" exactly! Her scientific and mathematical knowledge is ecectic andimpressive. Like nellie, I agree that the popular media are too quick to dismiss matters scientific as beyond us all.

Not seen you around for a while, carbon!

Icyalittle Wed 16-Apr-14 17:01:32

Thank you for this thatbags Fascinating reading.

carboncareful Wed 16-Apr-14 16:36:30

Here is something dead easy to understand if you have a mind to?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKyRHDFKEXQ

Nelliemoser Sat 19-Oct-13 05:33:14

That is interesting.
battymum (and the rest of the popular media) why is anything scientific regarded as nerdy or difficult to understand? much can be explained easily, except quantum physics which to me requires a sort of blind faith to comprehend. Sorry Mr Nobel prize winning Peter Higgs.

Battymum Fri 18-Oct-13 20:00:12

thatbags. Bit of a science nerd perhaps? you have identified interesting topics for discussion.

thatbags Thu 10-Oct-13 19:31:11

A report about a paper by Marcia Wyatt and Judith Curry about "stadium wave" in climate trends. Interesting. And it contains falsifiable hypotheses, which is a good sign.

Link to the paper's references at the bottom of the report.