Gransnet forums

Science/nature/environment

The Optimistic Long View

(2 Posts)
janerowena Fri 20-Dec-13 22:29:54

Well - that has certainly made me feel a lot happier. I have been worried about a potential fuel shortage for the past 20 years, although we are now in the year in which it was initially predicted that we would run out of gas, oil and electricity. Next year we shall probably have powercuts and fuel rationing, but so many people will still be in shock and ask why they weren't warned... I know this because I was stunned to see that on the forum that I run, I have been posting snippets of information on our fuel supplies as I have found them but people haven't been reading them. Or not believing them. One woman even said that I hadn't posted any information and I had to put a link to the threads I had started to shut her up.

Ostriches, sand involved I think. However, we have last year built a new chimney, installed a log burner and ordered a double load of wood and coal this winter. If nothing happens I shall at least have saved on next year's prices.

thatbags Fri 20-Dec-13 15:48:23

Energy, Entropy and the Human Enterprise by Professor Colin R McInnes FREng FRSE,
Director, Advanced Space Concepts Laboratory, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Strathclyde.