Gransnet forums

Science/nature/environment

I felt so sad

(9 Posts)
Indinana Sun 09-Aug-15 14:14:06

I was changing the bed linen this morning. As I unfolded the pillowslips I noticed one of them had some small brown marks, close together and was annoyed that I would have to rewash it. On closer investigation, though, I found a large, dead ladybird inside - obviously it had flown inside while the washing was on the line, and I had folded it up without noticing. What a horrible way to die sad. I will be pegging all my pillowslips from the bottom in future.

NfkDumpling Sun 09-Aug-15 14:37:36

I feel a bit like that when I think of crabs and lobsters being trapped in a lobster pot. But they are so very tasty! confused

thatbags Sun 09-Aug-15 14:52:23

I wash and peg pillowcases inside out (it's to get the dust out of the corners) so they have to be turned right way out to be used. Well, they don't have to be. I could use them inside out. But I don't.

Indinana Sun 09-Aug-15 16:43:04

I always wash and peg the duvet cover inside out, because it's easier to put back on the duvet from an inside out position - hands right up inside the cover, hold the two far corners and then grab two corners of duvet. Give it a shake or three so the cover turns back in the right way over the duvet. IFSWIM.

thatbags Sun 09-Aug-15 20:16:06

That's what I do too, indi, and it's most effective done over the banister as gravity helps smile

Ana Sun 09-Aug-15 20:20:51

Note to self - must try that! smile

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 09-Aug-15 21:00:00

The ladybird just went quietly to shush-a-byes in a warm airing cupboard. smile

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 09-Aug-15 21:00:25

OMG! Did you iron it?! shock

Indinana Mon 10-Aug-15 09:01:15

Oh lord, no! Thank heavens I hate ironing, that would have been just too horrific shock