Gransnet forums

Science/nature/environment

When Greta met David A.

(12 Posts)
lucywinter Mon 30-Dec-19 18:40:24

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07ysljz

Bridgeit Mon 30-Dec-19 19:02:54

Prepare for a lot of negative posts.
She was severely slated on the previous thread.
I think it’s brilliant that they met, a lovely man, encouraging Greta ,& the next generation, it is a pity that many folks cannot see the positivity in what she is doing.

lucywinter Mon 30-Dec-19 19:09:53

I don't understand all the hate against her. Very sad.

Good to have someone like David Attenborough on her side though.

silverlining48 Mon 30-Dec-19 19:16:01

I heard their conversation on r4 today prog this morning which Greta guest edited. It was the first time they had spoken and it was nice hearing a 93 and 16 year old on the same wavelength.
Her father gave a first interview about her earlier and she seems to have had a lot of problems with depression and not eating etc. I don’t understand why anyone feels it’s ok to be unpleasant about her, she is passionate about the subject and has done a lot to alert young people and old to the subject.

Xrgran Mon 30-Dec-19 19:21:26

What a lovely program today. Her parents are such great people and I was moved to hear how much she mattered to them to the extent they became vegans and stopped flying.

Most of my friends would be so grateful if their families could just talk reasonably to them about their worries over the future of the planet.

Namsnanny Wed 01-Jan-20 16:46:15

Lovely misguided people.

WishIwasyounger Wed 01-Jan-20 17:03:45

Lovely misguided people

What is misguided about them Nams?

lucywinter Wed 01-Jan-20 19:04:29

Sounds like they had their doubts and worries about it all in the beginning, but there was no stopping her. They are now thankful that it has helped her so much with her Asperger issues.

Happiyogi Wed 01-Jan-20 21:16:03

I thought it was lovely that DA and GT 'met' and was very touched by the obvious mutual respect.

suzied Wed 01-Jan-20 21:38:57

Yes and those who claim ( with no evidence ) that her parents are pushing her for monetary gain should listen to it ( but they probably won’t )

margrano Wed 25-Mar-20 17:19:28

This is my first experience of a forum - I am shocked at the negativity expressed - surely people would not speak to each other like this - about a 16 year old girl

Oopsadaisy3 Wed 25-Mar-20 18:10:57

8 positives and 1 negative comment , pretty good going for GN. Magrano
You wait until they really get going on some threads.......