Gransnet forums

Science/nature/environment

Inside looking out

(6 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Thu 18-Jun-20 13:35:14

This morning I found a baby seagull wondering around the garden. It had fallen off the chimney.

So I put it into the shed roof, I can’t get up to the actual roof.

Now we get attacked by the parents every time we go into the garden, so we are inside looking out ?? can’t go on like this for weeks.

Namsnanny Thu 18-Jun-20 16:10:46

Perfect weather for seagulls here Wwmk2
ie wet!
Also perfect for you to stay insidesmile

Whitewavemark2 Thu 18-Jun-20 16:18:08

He/she is still there wondering around being visited by Mum/dad.

Now I’m worrying about tonight and him getting attacked by a predictor. I could try and catch him and box him for the night, but it wont be easy what with the bombers and the shed roof is big and I haven t got a net.

The stress is too much?

AGAA4 Thu 18-Jun-20 16:49:17

The parents may still be keeping an eye on the chick.

My daughter saw a cat being seen off by 2 robins when it was prowling near their fledgling.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 18-Jun-20 17:23:40

Yes I think I will hope for the best, I think?

I’ll feel terrible if it’s dead in the morning..

Every bloody year we have this stress

Septimia Thu 18-Jun-20 18:46:33

I went to collect my FiL from his home near the coast. I thought I could hear something in his chimney, but he was deaf so was oblivious to it.

When we took him back after the weekend I could still hear the noise. DH was with me, so he took out the gas fire, removed the panel between it and the chimney, and found ..... a baby seagull (well, it was full size, but not capable of looking after itself).

We put it out on the shed roof (couldn't reach the house roof and wouldn't have put it back on the chimney anyway!) in the hope that the parents would find it feed it. They didn't.

However, some neighbours had contact with a rescue centre and it was duly collected and taken away.