www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWK-WBqYAYA
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEc6A6nuU8c

Walker and Arctos
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJs0ymGLEPQ
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQYx_ltXOQ4

Polar bears and climate change
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtibE0tm5t8

Elegran Tue 18-Aug-20 12:44:02

You'll just have to go to Doncaster, Chewbacca. At least it is less travelling than to Kingussie, though the Highland Wildlife Park is worth it. When the virus situation is over, I recommend a few days in the Highlands, with a day at the Wildlife Park included. You won't see Hamish after October, but his mum Victoria will still be there, and his dad Arctos and pal Walker. I think Victoria may breathe a sigh of relief when that wilful lad leaves the nest den.

Chewbacca Tue 18-Aug-20 12:33:03

soeak? Speak. <<sigh>>

Elegran Tue 18-Aug-20 12:32:24

Those bush fires were dreadful for the wildlife. Also for the humans, I hasten to add,

Chewbacca Tue 18-Aug-20 12:31:44

Wonderful uplifting and happy news! I'd love to see him "in the fur", so's to soeak, hes a lovely looking bear!

EllanVannin Tue 18-Aug-20 12:28:51

Last night I tuned in to an animal programme and it was about Taronga zoo in Sydney, a place I'd been to a few times so I got settled down to enjoy it only for them to show the animals/ koalas who were badly burned in last years bush fires.
I couldn't stop crying so had to switch channels. I had no idea they were going to show so much of it.

EllanVannin Tue 18-Aug-20 12:23:55

Aw yes, I remember. How brilliant is that news, I'm so pleased.

kittylester Tue 18-Aug-20 11:51:34

I dont remember him Elegran but he's gorgeous!

Elegran Tue 18-Aug-20 10:11:52

Remember Hamish, the cute little polar bear cub who was born at the Highland Wildlife Park? He is now a grown-up bear and old enough to leave his mother and home to start raising a family. In October he will be going to join other polar bears in the European breeding programme at Yorkshire Wildlife Park in Doncaster.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-53819000