Gransnet forums

Science/nature/environment

A Planet for us All

(7 Posts)
Pantglas2 Mon 05-Oct-20 22:09:56

Anybody else watching this on ITV? Very interesting and well produced.

Prince William’s contribution is measured without a sense of it being about him personally, more of what he can do for future generations.

Gwyneth Mon 05-Oct-20 22:18:17

Absolutely brilliant really enjoying it. Writing this during adverts!!

Gwyneth Mon 05-Oct-20 22:34:38

Yes definitely agree with you re Prince William Pantglas well produced and presented. I thought the children were amazing and so knowledgeable. They really care.

schnackie Mon 05-Oct-20 22:37:44

It was a very informative and impressive show. I am so proud of Prince William for highlighting so many efforts of young people. He is a confident and caring young man.

Callistemon Mon 05-Oct-20 23:31:10

Yes, an excellent programme and all those children gave me hope for the future for younger generations.

I did say to DH - children learn about the environment, ecology, caring for the planet at school, so why do some let their parents leave litter on beaches etc and throw waste from fast food and drink out of car windows? Others have the message and are acting on it.

Pantglas2 Wed 07-Oct-20 08:34:08

When I started this thread I deliberately opened it under science/nature/environment section as I didn’t want it turning into a let’s bash royalty one!

The programme had a message and the person contributing promoted it well - surely that’s a success?

Gwyneth Wed 07-Oct-20 08:40:47

I know I saw the other thread and commented about how positive the programme was and particularly Prince William in further encouraging and inspiring the children who were wonderful. It’s really sad when so much positive work is being done by Prince William that the other thread ended up just as you say ‘royalty bashing’.