I'm excited. Checking the forecast tomorrow it's going to be sunny and 21 degrees 😎
It's only going to last one day though, but I have my book and deck chair at the ready for the one day of summer
Raised cholesterol and the Statin effect
Last night our indoor/outdoor thermometer registered an outdoor temperature of 11.2 C. I went back into my winter nightwear and put the electric blanket on for a few minutes.
This morning it was not much higher and the internal temperature was dropping close to the point (18.5C) where the CH automatically turns on - and it has been raining, it's been pouring, the old man....... not to mention the wind that is decimating my walnut tree and the rain has brought down a large branch of the buddliea.
Last night the rain was so heavy it woke me up hammering on the roof of our single storey extension.
I'm excited. Checking the forecast tomorrow it's going to be sunny and 21 degrees 😎
It's only going to last one day though, but I have my book and deck chair at the ready for the one day of summer
M0nica
Another cold, wet, rainy day. and we are now nearer Christmas 2024 than Christmas 2023.

Namsnanny
^Does your house smell of stale beer....^
I think you've proved my point HPQueen🤣🤣🤣
Oreo Do you think my humble abode would be to his taste?
It seems to me he likes the high life whenever possible.
Although, if he brought a few acquaintances around, it could make for a very interesting evening.
Might make a change from the dinner conversation with MrNams😄
😂well he always says he’s a man of the people so I imagine he’ll be happy in your humble abode Namsnanny just insist he smokes in the garden and don’t let him put his feet up on the coffee table.
Opposite here in CA. Been over 100 degrees F all week - 109 (43C) yesterday and today! We're sweltering. :p
I gave in this morning and cut the grass in the rain - showers really. Even the dogs went inside.
Now! lovely sunshine and 7 deg warmer
Just can't win
It’s sunny! It was fine but cloudy this morning. Then it rained. Now it’s 15° and sunny, but the wind means you need more than just a T-shirt.
It's raining here too M0nica.
Such miserable weather.
Another cold, wet, rainy day. and we are now nearer Christmas 2024 than Christmas 2023.
Remember the time when we were using our windscreen wipers incessantly to clean away the dead insects? We rarely need to do this now - just clear away the dust from the Sahara.
Just had a,few huge fhunder claps here.
I can't stand the boiling hot weather, but this relentless grey rain is miserable.
I have little seedlings I've grown indoors which now,have nowhere to go.
They'll not last a night I'd imagine.
Does your house smell of stale beer....
I think you've proved my point HPQueen🤣🤣🤣
Oreo Do you think my humble abode would be to his taste?
It seems to me he likes the high life whenever possible.
Although, if he brought a few acquaintances around, it could make for a very interesting evening.
Might make a change from the dinner conversation with MrNams😄
Oreo
Namsnanny
It was thundery over us as well as heavy rain last night M0nica
My Petunia hanging baskets (which I forgot to bring into the conservatory) were looking bedraggled this morning. Nothing else came to harm though. All the plants I treasure have finished flowering, and my bedding this year is mainly BLizzies, as I was preoccupied with other things and just bought a few plug plants.
To be fair, I've managed to avoided most of the huff and puff over the election, but with Nigel Farage now in the house, I don't see the excitement level settling back down to normal for the duration.Is Nige boarding with you? 😁
I wondered that too! Does your house smell of cigar smoke and stale beer Namsnanny? .......and disappointment?
Sorry.
I am getting fed up with the rain, my tomato plants are waterlogged, I put a heavy quilted mattress cover out this morning, hung on the whirly in a nice sunny spell, half an hour later it is hanging there, dripping......
DH and I also have had awful colds for a week. We went out briefly this morning for a walk, then the rain started. Now thundering. The brook at the end of our garden is like a torrent, but then, it hasn’t dried up in the 18 years we’ve lived here. The rain is good for the plants and trees,so I don’t really mind. Better than drought. And both water butts are full again.
All this rain, good for gardens, so not using metered water. As long as there is no flooding!
Apparently the Jet stream is shifting and will be drawing warmer air from the Equator, next week, so we should see a return of Summer weather.
I feel like burning a fridge a two.
I went out to do a photo shoot in the garden this morning and had to put my coat on! I can recall doing them at this time of year and having to finish by 11 am because it was so hot!
Just been out for a hour or two walk. I had 3 layers on in July!
Forecast is for thundery rain all afternoon
We‘re expecting 18 degrees in Essex today and a bit of rain. It’s good not to have to water the garden. I will be off to work shortly, my job is outdoors in a car park. I am very grateful that it is not hot yet. The heat is sure to come, which is when my job becomes horrible. Sorry for everyone who feels miserable.
The temp is rarely getting above 14 degrees here.
I looked up average temps for this time of year here, and it is 19 degrees.
As overheard in the supermarket recently, "we wont be getting much of a suntan this year".
Jaxjacky
I just accept it’s a bit of a damp summer, but would prefer it a tad warmer, although not the high 30’s we’ve had in previous years.
Summer is sometimes like this, you’d think we’d know this by now, July can often be rainy.I hate high temps in any case but will enjoy warm days when they arrive.On the plus side my hayfever is better when it’s rained.
Namsnanny
It was thundery over us as well as heavy rain last night M0nica
My Petunia hanging baskets (which I forgot to bring into the conservatory) were looking bedraggled this morning. Nothing else came to harm though. All the plants I treasure have finished flowering, and my bedding this year is mainly BLizzies, as I was preoccupied with other things and just bought a few plug plants.
To be fair, I've managed to avoided most of the huff and puff over the election, but with Nigel Farage now in the house, I don't see the excitement level settling back down to normal for the duration.
Is Nige boarding with you? 😁
I went to a garden party wedding yesterday, and they were so lucky to snatch a couple of hours of sunshine. It wasn't warm at all, around 15 degrees, and the wind kept blowing away the musicians' music scores. Luckily the gazebos held tight.
The wedding continues today but the forecast is for rain and thunder! The guests who travelled from warmer climes will be shivering.
It was 11° earlier, and now it’s warmed up to 13°. According to the weather map we might reach the dizzying heights of 15° by 4 o’clock this afternoon.
Last week wasn’t too bad in terms of being fine, but that was interspersed with heavy, even torrential showers.
It’s definitely not summer!
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.