Gransnet forums

Site stuff

I know I'm blonde but !!!

(13 Posts)
glammanana Sun 14-Aug-11 13:18:30

How do I type the name's of Gransnetter's in bold print when I reply to a post,and can you tell me how not to loose the text I am writing before I have finished typing it,it is probably easy but I don't want to ask DS as he
start's laughing at me for being so blondish sometime's.thanks

Baggy Sun 14-Aug-11 13:27:29

Put asterisks ** around the name to make it bold. Type your message in a computer 'notebook' then copy and paste to prevent GN eating your message before you've finished. smile

Baggy Sun 14-Aug-11 13:28:34

Just one * at either end of the name. Asterisknameasterisk.

Elegran Sun 14-Aug-11 17:13:00

When you have finished typing a longish message do not click immediately on "post message" Select everything you have written and do a right-click if you have a PC and a mouse, and "copy" it. The try the "post" button. If you are then cut off without a shilling, it is because you have taken too long and it has timed out. Log in again, find the thread you were posting too, and "paste" into the message box. That should do it.

I have lost several gems by timing out without saving. It was probably a good thing, as it saved you all from being bored rigid, but I was a bit miffed.

Baggy Sun 14-Aug-11 17:15:41

There is a box to check when you login. If you check it, you won't be logged out until you choose to be logged out.

Baggy Sun 14-Aug-11 17:16:08

Tick, not check.

Elegran Sun 14-Aug-11 17:22:46

Didn''t notice that,Baggy I must pay attention next time

glammanana Sun 14-Aug-11 19:38:18

Thanks girl's how's about this then Baggy and Elergran

Baggy Sun 14-Aug-11 19:50:07

grin

glammanana Sun 14-Aug-11 20:11:19

Can't do that yet Baggy

Elegran Mon 15-Aug-11 10:17:03

glammanana Look below the message box and post message button. There are examples of how to do the various smileys. A big grin grin is a colon : then a small o

shysal Mon 15-Aug-11 18:01:10

glammanana - I used to lose almost every post until I bought a mouse for my laptop, and have lost nothing since.

glammanana Mon 15-Aug-11 18:56:00

Thanks for the information,will buy myself a mouse next time in Liverpool
and go from there grin