Gransnet forums

Site stuff

New to the site

(17 Posts)
nanaej Sun 08-Apr-12 21:19:40

Hi, i am a new GNer too. Am enjoying the threads on the forums and getting to know the interesting characters who post. RuislipNan i also do regular childcare but sadly am in Surrey so not nearby to meet up sad

glammanana Sun 08-Apr-12 20:18:09

Hi there chitchat nice to meet you.smile

Ariadne Sun 08-Apr-12 18:38:14

Hi there, chitchat!

glassortwo Sun 08-Apr-12 18:10:53

Hello chitchat nice to see a new face, hope you enjoy the variation of threads and join in on the fun smile

chitchat Sun 08-Apr-12 14:06:42

Hi RuislipNan.
I have only just joined just getting to know my way around, making a few boob's, but enjoying it, the site I mean.
I am sure you will enjoy the site to.
Sorry I live to far away to meet.

glassortwo Sat 07-Apr-12 20:55:59

Hello Ruislip welcome to Gransnet. I am sorry but I am at the other end of the country so not much use to you, but I am sure someone will pm you if they are in your area,

Ariadne Sat 07-Apr-12 13:29:47

Welcome RuislipNan! smile

RuislipNan Sat 07-Apr-12 12:49:55

Thank you Annika

Annika Sat 07-Apr-12 12:36:55

Hello RunslipNan Its nice to "see" a face on here you are most welcome flowers

RuislipNan Sat 07-Apr-12 12:27:11

Thanks Everyone
Yes tanith, it can be hard work, I took a job in a school to have the holidays off with my own children.....and stayed and stayed and stayed! (the lure of the next long holiday was never far away) and here I am now staying in the job because it fits in with my daughters working life! confused
Oh the things we do for our kids! lol grin

I'm in Ruislip, West London by the way

tanith Sat 07-Apr-12 11:15:31

Going by your user name RuislipNan I must live not far away.. You'll always get a nice response from the users here whether they live near or far.. Most of my grands are grown now the youngest being 7yrs I never have 'minded' any of them apart from days out and sleepovers but nothing on a regular basis.. I admire you for putting yourself out there to mind your grandsons, when most of mine were small I was still working. Now I enjoy 'me' time but occasionally the littleun spends the day and we garden and cook together..

glammanana Sat 07-Apr-12 10:53:18

Ruislipnan I pop on during the day to see what is occurring and find all sorts of different interesting topics to pick up on so please get involved and enjoy.If your Grandchildren are having a little rest what a better time to have a "chat" with your on line virtual friends ? I live on The Wirral don't know where you are ?flowers

RuislipNan Sat 07-Apr-12 09:46:46

Thank you Tosh

RuislipNan Sat 07-Apr-12 09:46:14

Thank you Greatnan I will do that

Tosh Sat 07-Apr-12 09:09:13

RuislipnanWelcome to this wonderful site where you can Laugh, Cry, Moan, Rant or just Ponder.grin sad shock angry confused
You will meet some lovely friends here and as Greatnan says ..I'm sure there will be someone fairly nearby.
Bit too far away for me as I'm in Scotland.

Greatnan Sat 07-Apr-12 08:57:25

Welcome, Ruislipnan. I am sure that any members who live close enough will pm you but in the meantime why not just join in any threads that interest you and get to know us? ( I am about 700 miles away so I can't meet you in person!)

RuislipNan Sat 07-Apr-12 08:26:29

Hi Fellow Nans/Grans
I have just joined the site as I look after my 2 grandsons (6 & 3) during the school holidays and can find this quite a lonely time for me.
I joined the site hoping to meet up with other grandparents in my area for company and conversation during trips to the park etc but can't seem to find a suitable place on here to put an ad.
Do you heve a 'social' section anyway on here? Sorry if I'm being a bit daft and missing it :-)