Gransnet forums

Site stuff

No newsletter again

(14 Posts)
Bags Fri 07-Jun-13 19:23:03

It used to come every week without fail. I have not changed my settings.

janeainsworth Fri 07-Jun-13 19:34:50

I got one. Have you looked in your junk mail folder? Sorry if that's an obvious question, but sometimes our computer will suddenly decide something is junk which up till that point it has considered quite acceptable grin

Bags Fri 07-Jun-13 19:41:10

Looked everywhere. No newsletter. Last time this happened I had to re-register for it. I have not de-registered, and had not last time, so there is a blip in the system somewhere.

Bags Fri 07-Jun-13 19:43:18

I have just re-subscribed. Again!

Not impressed.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 07-Jun-13 19:57:30

Hi Bags - did it turn out that you had unsubscribed? If not, we can get Tech to look into it. In the mean time, I'll forward you the latest newsletter.

Bags Fri 07-Jun-13 20:01:38

It turned out that I was unsubscribed, somehow. I did not unsubscribe. This has now happened twice. I think Tech does need to look at it.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 07-Jun-13 20:05:07

Oh dear. I've alerted the Tech team, hopefully someone will take a look Monday morning.

Bags Fri 07-Jun-13 20:08:16

Thanks, Kat. The two-step logout from "my preferences" doesn't seem to be working. I used to be able to logout from that but stay logged into the forums. Maybe the problem has something to do with that.

mollie Sat 08-Jun-13 10:12:58

I've noticed that the newletter can't be read on my iPad - there's no information in the body, just the heading... I guess you've changed format as the style is different.

harrigran Wed 12-Jun-13 12:18:40

The format has changed. I have to click a box to allow the pictures and text to be downloaded, it used to come into my inbox in complete form.
The last time I won a book my emails were not getting through, I had to PM Geraldine to reach anybody. I sent test messages to the contact @ address and there was no reply so I assume there are problems.

mollie Fri 14-Jun-13 10:50:20

The newsletter arrived ok on my laptop but I can still only read the delivery address on my iPad...the body is totally empty. This is a new development and I used to read it daily before the format change. Thankfully I can access the site via iPad... Any chance someone can do some tweaking as I use the iPad more these days?

Tech (GNHQ) Fri 14-Jun-13 23:38:54

Hi mollie, it looks OK on my ipad. Are you able to do a screen photo on your ipad and send it to us. To do that you hold down the lock button and press the main button. That takes a picture of whatever's on screen and adds it to the end of your photos. Then from there you can email it. If you can do that we might be able to see what's going on. Thanks.

Charleygirl Sat 15-Jun-13 10:00:17

Thank you for the book by Sally Vickers, The Cleaner of Chartres. I am looking forward to reading it.

mollie Sat 15-Jun-13 10:12:37

Tech: sorry, I've deleted the message from my iPad but next time it happens I will try...there's nothing there to see though - I get the email like any other email but when I click to read the body of the email (where your newsletter usually is) is empty.