Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Message alert?

(10 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Anne58 Sat 28-Sep-13 18:07:45

Evening all, (it must be evening because I've just heard the chimes on Radio 4, which signals wine o' clock, so I'll be brief.)

We used to get an email telling us if someone had sent us a PM. This seems to have not happened for a few weeks now, please could you let us know if this is just a temporary thing, or a new standard policy?

I now have to remember (on top of all the other things that I should remember, but more often forget) to check my in-box every time I visit. Failure to do this has resulted in a very nice PM going unacknowledged for a few days, which I felt was rather rude.

(PS That's "rude" in the ill mannered sense, rather than "rude" in Mr P's vocabulary, where it means anything that might be associated with what he refers to as "beastliness", as defined by Mr Cholmondley-Warner)

As you were.

absent Sat 28-Sep-13 19:16:07

I still get e-mails to let me know that someone has sent me a message. The last one said that phoenix had sent me one. smile

glammanana Sat 28-Sep-13 19:18:53

I had one to-day from Greatnan telling me about her birthday celebrations.

Ana Sat 28-Sep-13 19:41:03

I had a PM today too, but as it was a private message I'm not going to reveal the sender or content! confused

phoenix, this problem has been reported recently, but I can't find the thread - the advice from GNHQ was to check on your profile that the box that requests PM notifications to be sent to your email address is ticked.

POGS Sat 28-Sep-13 19:51:18

I still get e.mails advising such and such have sent you a private message on GN.

Gally Sat 28-Sep-13 19:53:54

I had this conversation some time ago with GN and this was the reply. I am now receiving e- mails telling me I have a pm. I posted this on another thread a couple of weeks ago.

'Thanks for getting in touch.

We've had one user who's had the same issue - so tech are looking into it.

Can you just check your PM settings (http://www.gransnet.com/pm?call=Settings&from=/pm%3Fcall=Inbox&fromtitle=Inbox) just in case? The top box should be ticked.

Also, have you checked your junk mail? Sometimes they accidentally get sent to the wrong place. It might help to add '[email protected]' to your address book - to make sure all mails go into your inbox'

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 30-Sep-13 11:29:28

Gally

I had this conversation some time ago with GN and this was the reply. I am now receiving e- mails telling me I have a pm. I posted this on another thread a couple of weeks ago.

'Thanks for getting in touch.

We've had one user who's had the same issue - so tech are looking into it.

Can you just check your PM settings (http://www.gransnet.com/pm?call=Settings&from=/pm%3Fcall=Inbox&fromtitle=Inbox) just in case? The top box should be ticked.

Also, have you checked your junk mail? Sometimes they accidentally get sent to the wrong place. It might help to add '[email protected]' to your address book - to make sure all mails go into your inbox'

Yep that's right - please check your settings, and if it's still an issue, let us know.

ShamTech (GNHQ) Mon 30-Sep-13 12:55:02

Hi folks.

Sincere apologies for this. We've found the sneaky little devil of a problem that is causing this and have summoned the exterminator to eradicate it. I'll post again when it's fixed.

j08 Mon 30-Sep-13 13:16:13

Love the name! grin

annodomini Mon 30-Sep-13 13:30:50

I must be highly privileged because I have continued to get the emails as usual.