Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Competitions

(6 Posts)
ffinnochio Mon 27-Jan-14 16:08:35

Gaily entering competitions and thought I'd just check out the Rules & Regs. to see if they have changed them so that GN members who live in other countries can participate.

Unfortunately, as I don't live in the UK, they state I am still unable to enter any . sad and not a little pissed off.

Is there a way of changing this?

Strangely, I did receive a give-away book recently. So can I or can't I enter the comps.?

Bez Mon 27-Jan-14 16:43:23

Same here - I have received a book sent to France. I can see that maybe you should be able to use a UK address if you do win because of postage costs but it might also be that you would like to win the prize for a family member - I assume this is allowed. ?????

ffinnochio Mon 27-Jan-14 17:51:33

Yep, having a UK address would be great, but I don't have one. A GN friend has v. kindly offered the use of her address, but it would cause hassle and expense to her to forward on. Ditto my son.

Ah well...c'est la vie.

ffinnochio Tue 28-Jan-14 11:30:28

BUMP

Obviously didn't start with Dearest GNHQ to capture the attention of anyone working there - or perhaps it was thought to be a rhetorical question.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 28-Jan-14 11:53:24

Apols - the thread had dropped off Active before we noticed!

With competitions, it depends whether the company/PR agency are willing to send the prizes abroad. Unfortunately most of the time we have to keep it to UK only because of postage costs.

As for entering the competition with someone else's address in the UK, that's perfectly fine, as long as you've okayed it with them first!

ffinnochio Tue 28-Jan-14 12:43:57

Thanks Kat - Thought as much - but worth a check.