Gransnet forums

Site stuff

changing user name

(22 Posts)
Goose Mon 03-Feb-14 18:03:42

This is very boring for all you who know how to do such things but I've written three times to GNHQ asking them about changing my user name - and have received no response. I just don't feel like a goose anymoregrin so how do I go about transforming myself into a swan???

thatbags Mon 03-Feb-14 18:16:04

You can deregister and then re-register, goose, but I'm sorry HQ are not responding. That seems a bit off.

thatbags Mon 03-Feb-14 18:17:28

You have to do your profile again if you deregister (if you want a public one of course). Love your boots smile

Elegran Mon 03-Feb-14 18:33:04

Try reporting your own comment. They read reports. You choose "not spam" instead on "spam" and then you can type them a message about the post you are reporting to them - or in this case, the messages from you that they seem not have received.

Soutra Mon 03-Feb-14 18:38:57

I was somebody else before and became very unhappy about some issues so I deregistered - alarmingly easy to do! - but then a while later felt so bereft that I registered again and chose my present name.

Granny23 Mon 03-Feb-14 18:45:56

Love your boots too - they are like two cocky faces. grin

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 03-Feb-14 18:46:18

I could start a thread under Site Stuff for you?

smile

Goose Mon 03-Feb-14 18:50:24

I'm probably doing something wrong when I send GNHQ mails. If I deregister, then re-register using a new user name, will I be re-accepted using my original email address? Sorry, I have the knowledge-of-Noddy when it comes to computers 'n' stuffgrin. If I disappear from the site, you'll know the reason why - I won't flounce off in a huff, it'll be that I've done it wrong…Here goes…..

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 03-Feb-14 19:14:43

Hello Goose

We haven't had an email from you - not sure why but we always get back to people within an hour or two (slightly longer if very late at night - we need our sleep!)

Have you been emailing [email protected]? Drop us another line there and hopefully we will get it and can help!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 03-Feb-14 19:16:25

(the lull between around 6pm and 7pm involves underground trains (no internet) and reading The Faraway Tree to a small child grin

But have kept an eye on the inbox at all other times and not seen anything. A mystery!

Galen Mon 03-Feb-14 19:18:09

Hi Cari
When do I get my hairy bikers package?
Getting very excited!
Does it contain a 'hairy biker'?
In which case, can I have the tall one?

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 03-Feb-14 19:19:24

Me again (a masterclass in how to hijack a thread?!)

Just searched through everything that has come in over the last goodness knows how long and not a thing. Do let me know which address you have been using. We've not encountered problems before but can look into it when we have details

Goose Mon 03-Feb-14 19:21:27

grin

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 03-Feb-14 19:23:04

Hi Galen

I am afraid I ripped open the box and stole the actual bikers - but you can still have the book (it did take a lot of will power not to take that too let me tell you)

I believe the books will be sent out this week but will let you know if I hear anything different

Paige Mon 03-Feb-14 20:18:06

you can used the same email address to re- register..that's what I did when I didn't want to be Envious anymore. smile

thatbags Mon 03-Feb-14 20:45:32

Oh, hello, enviousaswas! I'm glad I read this paige thread.

glammanana Mon 03-Feb-14 21:19:28

Nice to see you and your new name Paige was wondering where you had gone grin

Paige Mon 03-Feb-14 21:25:23

I was so use to being called Envious I was turning my head ever time I saw the word! Lol! grin

whenim64 Mon 03-Feb-14 22:04:33

Hi Paige I always wondered what you might be Envious about. Good to see you on here smile

Nelliemoser Mon 03-Feb-14 22:10:46

HelloPaige I was wondering where your alter ego had got to! I am glad you are back. I am afraid I was probably one of those who often shortened your name to "Envious." I had not quite thought about how the name sounded.

Paige Mon 03-Feb-14 22:58:39

I actually liked it after a while.Made me smile but i felt a real name would be a change for the better.

annodomini Mon 03-Feb-14 23:15:43

Hi Paige, I wondered who you were. Good to see you back. I changed my name without de-registering. I just felt like a change, not that it was a very big one.