Gransnet forums

Site stuff

NOW CLOSED Fill in our Local survey and you could win a £100 Amazon voucher

(25 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 25-Feb-14 09:00:41

We've been thinking, over here at GNHQ, that we'd love to hear your views and opinions on the Gransnet Local sites. We want them to be the best that they can be, and to become your 'go-to' destination for all things happening in your community.

Please do take a few minutes to complete this survey, and all respondents who submit their email address will be added into a draw for a £100 Amazon voucher.

The survey is open to all UK gransnetters - whether you've visited a Gransnet Local site recently or not!

Thanks again and good luck with the prize draw.

Here's the link to the survey again: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/gransnetlocalsurvey14

GNHQ

Anne58 Tue 25-Feb-14 11:20:01

Kat it doesn't work! The link is fine, but if you answer "no" to Q1, it says skip to Q8. If you do this and fill in the rest of the questions, when you submit, it takes you back and says "these questions need an answer" ! confused

kittylester Tue 25-Feb-14 11:38:17

I did it but it wouldn't let me answer i question properly - no 5, I think.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 25-Feb-14 11:43:07

Oh dear - I'll get someone to look into this...

Galen Tue 25-Feb-14 11:48:29

I couldn't answer 2 of the queries in question 5!

Charleygirl Tue 25-Feb-14 12:06:34

I also had problems and although it accepted my answers, I need to redo it because mine is not accurate.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 25-Feb-14 12:44:35

It should be fixed now - do let us know if not!

Galen Tue 25-Feb-14 13:45:28

Right I can now reply on this. I couldn't before.
The survey now seems to be working.

lovegroved Tue 25-Feb-14 16:46:13

hope it works ...nice prize

wondergran Tue 25-Feb-14 23:23:24

I just can't get any information from it at all. Whichever page I look up, there is no information whatsoever. I even put a small piece in the meet up section but didn't get a single response..... Not sure now whether its me or the site which has the glitch. Shame really as it would be great to access local info.

NannaAnna Wed 26-Feb-14 19:21:28

What area is it wondergran?
Quite a few haven't got editors yet.

NfkDumpling Wed 26-Feb-14 21:51:18

The Norfolk one hasn't got off the ground. Six of us have posted on the Forum but Norfolk isn't the best county for getting around and chances of us having the time or inclination to meet up doesn't seem likely. Perhaps things will pick up as Gransnet grows.

Galen Wed 26-Feb-14 22:07:27

N Somerset seems to have failed. Presume it's just Somerset.

Elegran Wed 26-Feb-14 22:25:53

Wondergran The local information only gets there when there is an editor for the local site, and many of the areas do not yet have one.

GNHQ sets up identical sites, which then get "personalised" by the addition of local listings.

grannyactivist Thu 27-Feb-14 00:34:01

GNHQ - I have completed the survey, but the answers I gave were limited by the questions. There is no 'local site' here in Devon, but I do check - and post - on the Dorset local site because I'm close enough to be interested in what's going on there.

jennycockerspaniel Fri 28-Feb-14 21:17:13

We have 2 sites near me but have not attended meet as I had previous engagement Hope to meet up soon

Granny23 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:07:02

My local site is completely bare and so are the adjoining ones. My answers are therefore entirely negative, except that I have attended several wonderful meet-ups but they were not organised via Gransnet local.

NannaAnna Wed 05-Mar-14 00:13:39

Could you become the local editor for your area Granny23?

Granny23 Wed 05-Mar-14 01:56:34

I am currently far too busy NannaAnna and suspect I would be on a hiding to nothing as I believe I am the only Gransnet member in the County.

editorjo Wed 05-Mar-14 12:40:12

Sorry, I've only just started as an editor for Chelmsford and so don't feel I can comment just yet on how the local sites are working.

The navigation is fine and personally I find it all very easy to use and list.

However, I have noticed a few things regarding Twitter:

1. not many people take you up on an offer to list for free, even if you vaguely have interacted with them and ask cheekily or creatively/nicely. I can't believe that even charities haven't listed to get any free publicity... ...in my view, as a former charity worker, that's bonkers!

2. I have noticed when taking part in the various different 'business hours' shout outs that not many people RT gransnet, so I'm wondering if there's some prejudice..... (very sad face)... hope not...

NannaAnna Wed 05-Mar-14 23:40:22

editorjo it is bonkers, isn't it! An invitation to list themselves for free, the link conveniently provided, and still they can't be arsed bothered!
Do we have an image problem? I've been editing my 2 local sites for about 15 months now, and I have come across negativity about the name and demography a number of times.
Hopefully this survey will give us a clearer idea of 1) what Gransnetters want, and 2) ideas for a more appealing image!

Elegran Thu 06-Mar-14 10:05:55

When talking to friends about Gransnet - not even wanting someone to add a listing or take out advertising, I have had many say "Oh, I don't want to keep hearing about people's grandchildren all the time"

This is from people who are well aware that in conversation they and I hardly mention grandchildren. Ageism again!

GinnyTonic Fri 07-Mar-14 19:03:24

By the way, if I enter my postcode, it STILL doesnt find my local site, even after months of complaining about this. How can local grans ever find each other?

Elegran Fri 07-Mar-14 19:47:43

They can't, Galen The search box is still crap not very efficient.

AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 18-Mar-14 18:32:51

Hello - thanks to everyone who took part in this.
Am pleased to say tigger wins the £100 Amazon voucher. Well done - I have emailed you now
AnnGransnet