Gransnet forums

Site stuff

The Gransnet calendar - A new idea

(13 Posts)
GigiGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 08-May-14 16:12:53

Good afternoon everyone!

We had a chat about original calendar idea again recently and think we've come up with a nice alternative idea for a photography project for gransnetters.

We loved the idea of 'what advice would you give your teenage self' that came up in a thread a while back, and thought we could look into creating a series of portraits on that subject. To illustrate the advice we would create current (fully clothed!) portraits of gransnetters alongside their younger self. We are looking into exactly how we might do it in terms of style and logistics. But, of course, this would only work if you all liked the idea and agreed that it would showcase the wonderful wisdom and experience of gransnetters in the right light.

Would love to know your thoughts x

grannyactivist Thu 08-May-14 23:02:20

I'll be the first to throw my hat into the ring and say I think it's a really good idea and reflective of the ages and stages we've been through and the experience we've garnered along the way. smile

Ana Thu 08-May-14 23:05:06

I'd just like to ask whether Gigi is your real name, Gigi! smile

kittylester Fri 09-May-14 06:57:41

I said the same as GA on the original thread Gigi but will reiterate here - brilliant idea!

GigiGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 09-May-14 13:15:17

Ana

I'd just like to ask whether Gigi is your real name, Gigi! smile

Nearly smile

Ana Fri 09-May-14 13:31:07

Ah! wink Thanks.

Icyalittle Fri 09-May-14 22:41:54

I really like this idea. It would showcase the wit and wisdom that crops up on GN all the time.

specki4eyes Wed 14-May-14 12:37:51

Why has this gone quiet? Its a great idea..lets do it.

goldengirl Wed 14-May-14 18:34:47

I'm willing to join in - I think confused

Marmight Thu 15-May-14 01:58:51

Great idea, I'd be up for it. Better get a wiggle on - only 223 days until the C day wink

sussexpoet Fri 16-May-14 18:12:19

I think this might work and would be willing to participate.

merlotgran Fri 16-May-14 23:52:12

Count me in. After the week I've just had I think my advice to my younger self would be delegate

GigiGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 17-May-14 08:16:08

That's great to hear, we'll start looking into the logistics on how we can achieve it and let you know. We've not forgotten, honestly. x