Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Cooee, HQ, have you changed it?

(24 Posts)
Anne58 Wed 25-Jun-14 19:50:07

The format for PM's that is.

Now, call me a confuddled old bat (pause for confuddled old bat calling) but didn't it used to be that when you/one got a reply to a PM, you could see beneath the response, the original PM that you/one (so couth, me!) had sent?

So, have you changed it, and if so why, and double if yes to the first question , PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK AGAIN!

For the sake of those who get a response, and then have one hell of a problem remembering what they said in the first place!

Matron,........... they're doing it again.

ninathenana Wed 25-Jun-14 22:58:52

I agree phoenix I get very few pm's so not sure if it was so. I would definitely prefer to see my message as well as the reply.

thatbags Thu 26-Jun-14 07:22:48

My memory may be wrong, but I don't recall ever being able to see the original PM with the reply. I've always had to check back in my Sent box when I wanted to see exactly what I'd said earlier.

ffinnochio Thu 26-Jun-14 07:46:31

I've never seen both the sent and reply on the same page. GNHQ have just simplified the format as far as I can tell. Still works exactly the same for me for my v. infrequent use.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 26-Jun-14 08:17:38

Hi there - we changed the interface a couple of months ago, but it's never been possible to see a thread of messages. It is something tech are working on improving though.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 26-Jun-14 09:06:38

phoenix I had a pm come in today, and yours from the other day, when we were messing about, was still there, and clickable on. That hasn't changed in mine. (They have changed the overall look of it)

I didn't break yours. Honest. wink

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 26-Jun-14 09:13:32

What I actually mean is, (if you still care) you've always had to click on 'sent' to see what you said.

Anne58 Thu 26-Jun-14 09:39:18

Thanks all!

HollyDaze Thu 26-Jun-14 09:44:03

KatGransnet - if we can make requests, any chance the techs can do something to alert us to the fact that there is incoming mail; some of us forget to check blush

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 26-Jun-14 09:56:58

Like a nice loud bell ringing. Or a flashing light in the corner of the screen.

Thank you. smile

janerowena Thu 26-Jun-14 10:08:10

Don't you get an email sent to you? Maybe you opted out of it, but that's how I know.

HollyDaze Thu 26-Jun-14 10:10:09

jingl - yes, that's the kind of thing grin

HollyDaze Thu 26-Jun-14 10:12:01

janerowena - I don't check my emails every day (most of it is drivel that's trying to sell me something); I do come on here every day though. I was thinking of something like they have on youtube - a big red bell letting you know that someone has responded to a comment.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 26-Jun-14 10:13:38

HollyDaze

KatGransnet - if we can make requests, any chance the techs can do something to alert us to the fact that there is incoming mail; some of us forget to check blush

Are you signed up to receive email notifications when you get a PM? If not, go to your inbox and click 'settings' at the top right (parallel to 'new message'). You can then tick a box to 'receive email notification of new messages' and then click 'update'.

Here's a direct link to the settings page: www.gransnet.com/pm?call=Settings&from=/pm%3Fcall=Inbox&fromtitle=Inbox

And see the pics on this post of what it should look like.

HTH.

HollyDaze Thu 26-Jun-14 10:30:15

Yes, I am signed up for the email KatGransnet but I don't often check my emails - maybe I need something to remind me to check them as well blush

Thank you for responding though smile

Elegran Thu 26-Jun-14 10:45:33

Maybe when you come on here you could look first at the "I'm on" tab. That would find it easier to find replies to forum posts. Checking your private emails is up to you, really.

If you have sent a PM then you could make a point of checking either your own emails or your GN inbox for replies, but that would not get one sent out of the blue.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 26-Jun-14 11:30:03

Everyone checks their emails first thing every morning - except Hollydaze. hmm hmm hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 26-Jun-14 11:30:24

wink

Nonu Thu 26-Jun-14 12:04:22

AND, Nonu !!
duh !

:-)

Nonu Thu 26-Jun-14 12:05:05

Keep forgetting $

HollyDaze Thu 26-Jun-14 13:37:18

What can I say blush

HollyDaze Thu 26-Jun-14 13:37:58

Yaay Nonu - so nice not to be alone in committing a misdemeanour isn't it grin