Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Photos disappeared!

(13 Posts)
janerowena Mon 20-Apr-15 20:56:11

Oh no! Still - far better than jelly babies, they are twice as bad IMO.

It's so nice not to have to sort it out. I once turned a whole forum black with pink writing, I only wanted to alter a heading!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 20-Apr-15 19:18:27

I've had to send for tech as I am quite befuddled. I've had to have a whole bowl of jellybeans while I try to work it out - and to no avail sad

dustyangel Mon 20-Apr-15 18:55:44

You had better send DH for Fish and Chips. jingle. grin

janerowena Mon 20-Apr-15 18:54:07

grin

dustyangel Mon 20-Apr-15 18:53:59

Thankyou janer I think you are probably right. Meanwhile GNHQ have come back to me. They didn't know about this problem and now they do they will try to get it sorted.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 20-Apr-15 18:20:15

And DH is really hungry now. sad

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 20-Apr-15 18:19:35

I have just spent hour and a quarter trying to get a photo to come up, direct from mini iPad. It won't do it. Just keeps buffering. I tried making it smaller.

It was doing it ok at Christmas.

(Stamps foot and starts crying-loudly)

janerowena Mon 20-Apr-15 17:00:52

I think this is a Proboards site, and many sites did alter the size of the files you were allowed to post, last year. I think some files (like mine probably) were just too big and slowing down the sites too much. Unfortunately the site operators didn't warn the administrators quite how small those photos would have to be. Even some phone pictures are too large, file-wise, as you have found out.

dustyangel Mon 20-Apr-15 16:26:46

I just emailed GNHQ about this and then I looked back at your link Jane. For some reason it took me back to last summer and it was lovely to see all our gardens again. It also proved to me that I wasn't imagining it. I could post photographs from the iPad then.

janerowena Mon 20-Apr-15 14:41:37

Please Gransnet, may I have my photos back, on page 5? And Samantha's and caz's?

And jings' are still just hanging around...

www.gransnet.com/forums/nature/1200730-Some-pics-from-my-garden-today?pg=5

janerowena Sat 18-Apr-15 22:49:14

Oh my goodness. Gransnet Gremlins strike again.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 18-Apr-15 22:48:42

Mine appeared originally upsidedown - all three of them (same photo posted three times) Then two were suddenly the right way up. Then they were upsidedown again.

It's spooky.

[shiver]

janerowena Sat 18-Apr-15 22:45:11

On the garden thread. And jings is upside down - although that may be her phone's fault! Or the editor's... hmm