Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Newsletter

(36 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Sun 28-Jun-15 20:44:04

We've noticed that the newsletter is getting a bit long recently - we seem to have more content, competitions and other things going on than ever before. So, in an effort not to overdo it all in one day, we're going to be splitting it up over the course of the week so that you get shorter, more digestible bits of news more frequently. If there's anything you'd like to see more (or less) of, please let us know, but it'll be mostly the same stuff: features, competitions, offers, bookclub news and of course, highlights from the forums. smile

Marmight Thu 16-Jul-15 15:29:35

I liked the original newsletter. Lately it has become shorter and less interesting. I don't like the more frequent ones either ........... It's like when you go to Tesco and everything has been moved - it unsettles me confused
BRING BACK THE WEEKLY ONE grin

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 16-Jul-15 14:57:04

shock

I didn't unsubscribe me. Never mind. [sniff]

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 16-Jul-15 14:41:39

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. Don't think there are plans to change back to the original format at the moment, but obviously we're in the early stages with the new one.

On another note, jingl it looked like you were unsubscribed to the newsletters, so we've subscribed you again.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 16-Jul-15 14:10:13

I haven't had a newsletter for ages! Not a weekly, daily, or any kind of one. What's going on?! shock

I can feel a Dear GNHQ coming on. hmm

whenim64 Thu 16-Jul-15 10:56:59

Here's another one who doesn't like this new format. I enjoyed looking at the weekly newsletter, didn't find it too wordy, and particularly liked the 'from the forums' section (bit like the late evening 'and finally...' news).

mcem Thu 16-Jul-15 10:02:24

Used to skim read and pick up on anything of interest but am simply deleting the daily bits.

Elegran Thu 16-Jul-15 09:51:23

I agree. If it is too much for someone to get it ready all at once, why not do one item a day and send it out once a week?

downtoearth Thu 16-Jul-15 09:35:55

I agree with everyone else I prefer the weekly ones as well.

Anya Thu 16-Jul-15 07:33:27

Yes, I used to look forward to the weekly newsletter. If I was busy when it arrived I'd wait until I had time and sit down and read it with a brew or a wine depending on the time of day.

It didn't matter if it was wordy, that was fine. Yes, snippets from the forums were my special favourites too. But I'd go into parts of the forums I didn't normally look at via links.

The bite-sized newsletters don't have to go completely. If there's something special then the odd 'News Flash' sent out on an ad hoc basis would be welcome too.

Lona Thu 16-Jul-15 07:29:47

I don't like these daily newsletters either, weekly is much better.

kittylester Thu 16-Jul-15 07:17:31

Glad you've bumped this number. I still hate the bitesized news letters - please go back to the weekly ones.

numberplease Wed 15-Jul-15 23:19:14

I`ve only just found this thread, after wondering where to post. May I just add my opinion to everybody else`s, and say that I much preferred the newsletter in it`s longer, weekly format. Thank you.

kittylester Tue 30-Jun-15 17:08:36

Exactly what Ana said. If today's was an example I'm afraid I won't bother opening them!

Ana Tue 30-Jun-15 17:06:43

Just received another bite-sized newsletter - are we going to get them every day? I'm afraid I think it's a silly idea - most will just get deleted.

Brendawymms Tue 30-Jun-15 09:57:45

Leave the newsletter as it was, unlike the young we can concentrate for the few minutes it takes to read it all. We don't need sound bites. ( tongue in cheek. No offence meant to anyone)

POGS Tue 30-Jun-15 09:55:24

Thanks Lara smile

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 30-Jun-15 07:08:06

Hi Pogs, sorry I'm not actually in the office till wed. But we'll look into the competition announcements if that's something everyone wants. And yes, let's see how the newsletters go. smile

POGS Mon 29-Jun-15 22:54:52

Lara

Any thoughts re competition winner announcements.

Nelliemoser Mon 29-Jun-15 22:42:31

As Merlot said. I do not have a limited attention span either..yet.

Nelliemoser Mon 29-Jun-15 22:40:42

When that newsletter dropped into my inbox today, I thought OMG it can't be Thursday already! It gave me quite a shock.

GNHQ what is the corporate thinking behind sending these daily bulletins instead of the weekly newsletter? Can we try it for a couple of weeks or so and take a vote on what we prefer.

Your customers are always right remember.

merlotgran Mon 29-Jun-15 22:17:34

Why do we need our newsletter in bite sized chunks?

Nothing wrong with my attention span.

Can't speak for everyone else though grin

Ana Mon 29-Jun-15 12:39:09

Well, the first of the new ones has just dropped into my in-box.

It's certainly short! grin

Teetime Mon 29-Jun-15 09:02:56

I usually skim read if at all.

kittylester Mon 29-Jun-15 06:19:50

I have thought the newsletters ha e been less interesting of late!

Nelliemoser Mon 29-Jun-15 00:16:56

What is wrong with having more words. To take them away sounds to me like dumbing down. I don't want to be dumbed down to.

Bring on your scintillating gems of wisdom and humour.

If you cut down on what you post anymore I will feel cheated.