Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Old News

(10 Posts)
shysal Thu 29-Oct-15 12:26:03

Today we have a quote from Veryordinaryjangly, whoever she might be! I missed that incarnation. thlgrin

numberplease Thu 29-Oct-15 01:13:51

Yes, please bring back the weekly newsletter, I can`t find anything to interest me in the daily one, and after just a cursory glance, I delete it without reading it properly, whereas the weekly one was always interesting.

Anne58 Wed 28-Oct-15 18:38:35

Yes, I too preferred the weekly newsletter.

I had a moment of pride when a whole post (Engaging with the customer) was quoted in the "from the forums" bit grin

grandma60 Wed 28-Oct-15 18:31:12

Yes, the weekly newsletter felt like the start of the weekend.

Ana Wed 28-Oct-15 17:08:08

I do too. I suppose I should cancel it...

I used to quite look forward to the weekly one.

annsixty Wed 28-Oct-15 17:06:16

I can't be the only one who deletes without reading the newsletter.

kittylester Wed 28-Oct-15 16:27:05

It's all very well resurrecting old threads but how do new posters find them to resurrect?

Obviously, I know the mechanics but it's hard work to go trawling through lots of old threads 'just in case'.

And, please can we have the weekly newsletter back or at least a poll to see who likes which system best!

shysal Wed 28-Oct-15 15:11:48

Yes, I have noticed, nina. I think some new members fail to notice the dates on threads. I felt for you on one occasion in particular sad. Let's hope the penny drops soon!thlsmile

ninathenana Wed 28-Oct-15 15:02:19

I don't see the daily news letter, as I have the Active page pinned to start up on my phone. I agree though, hardly news.
Someone did comment that a thread that I started in April '13 and has been resurrected that they thought it odd for it to be in the daily news bulletin.
On a similar note, has anyone noticed how many threads have been resurrected lately.

shysal Wed 28-Oct-15 14:30:49

Has anyone else noticed how old some of the posts are that are quoted in the Gransnet Daily newsletter?
In today's 'What Not to wear at 50+', there are comments which must have been trawled up from years ago! User names from previous incarnations abound! To name but a few; Baggy, Bagitha, Gracesmum, Anagram and Wotsamashedupjingl.
Is it becoming difficult to fill a daily slot do you think? thlhmmI preferred the weekly email.