Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Updating the forum

(21 Posts)
gardenermum Thu 02-Jun-16 10:50:22

I second Nanny0gg's request. It would be so much easier to read the threads.

Nanny0gg Fri 20-May-16 18:27:31

The only posts that look a different colour are GNHQ ones.

I'm using Chrome on a desktop.

I know that Gransnet is nowhere near the size of MN but this is reminding me why I abandoned it before. Not user-friendly.

LullyDully Fri 20-May-16 16:05:13

I use the mobile site on my kindle. Easier for reading forum s and seeing where I am. Then back onto the other one for pm, posting and home page. Would be good.to use the best of both.

ninathenana Thu 19-May-16 23:54:01

As I said above Lona grin

Lona Thu 19-May-16 15:53:06

Not on my tablet, on the mobile site. The drop down menu 'I'm On' doesn't have 'sort by' or 'my latest post'! So there!

Ana Thu 19-May-16 11:46:32

Ah! I've found the drop-down menu. You have to actually click on the 'I'm On' button and there is a box at the top that says 'sort by', one of the options is .my latest post'.

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 19-May-16 11:39:41

Yes, what nina said! It will vary a little depending on what type of browser/device you're using smile

ninathenana Thu 19-May-16 09:20:31

All the above is different on the mobile site.
My posts have a blue background HQ's a pink background. The 'I'm On' is at the bottom of the page and there is no drop down.
Very confusing smile

Ana Wed 18-May-16 21:20:31

No, same here.

Lona Wed 18-May-16 21:17:36

Doesn't have "my last post" on my drop down menu!

Jalima Wed 18-May-16 20:09:27

I will just take a look at a long thread Lucy

Ah, the OP on subsequent pages is a very, very pale blue, so pale that I didn't notice, but my posts are the same colour as everyone else's.

And I had never noticed the My last post option. Thank you

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 18-May-16 16:17:44

Ok, having spoken to the tech team...please ignore my comment about the star function. This isn't something that's actually available at the moment on either Gransnet or Mumsnet. Apologies for the confusion!

Jalima when you look at the OP in comparison to other posts, can you confirm you're not on the first page? Or 'viewing all messages'

NfkDumpling if you go to the 'I'm on' section at the top, there's a small drop-down menu there where you can choose the 'My last post' option. That'll show you your most recent posts and which threads they were on and if you go there before going tot he thread in question you can just click on your last post!

NfkDumpling Wed 18-May-16 15:52:59

I would like to have the facility to zoom straight to my last comment (providing I'd made one). Like the bookmark thingie on Word documents which asks if you'd like to resume where you left off. Often a conversation has progressed quite a way while I've been away and it takes a while to find where I was and catch up. (Does that make sense?)

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 18-May-16 15:41:14

Hmm, seems to be a problem with the star/favouriting function...I know it's something we used to have, but having checked Mumsnet seems to have done away with it. Let me find out. Off to tech I go!

Jalima Wed 18-May-16 15:40:00

Oh, the image has gone miniscule now as well
confused

Jalima Wed 18-May-16 15:39:25

I don't have a star, nor all the other stuff highlighted in pink which I can't read

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 18-May-16 15:37:32

Ana if you hover your cursor top-left, it should appear...

Jalima Wed 18-May-16 15:37:29

The OP is the same colour as all the other posts, as are mine.
Star? What star? confused

Ana Wed 18-May-16 15:35:08

What star? confused

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 18-May-16 15:31:53

Hi Nannu0gg! We're always improving the site in smaller ways, but there aren't any plans to overhaul in the same way as Mumsnet at the moment. That's not to say it won't happen at some point though.

Re the OP in a different colour, both MN and GN are the same in that the OP is the same colour as all the other posts on the first page, and then on subsequent pages it is highlighted blue.

You can also click on the star in the top left corner of the OP (or your own posts) and any subsequent comments by that poster will be highlighted.

Not sure about the links changing colour, but it's something we can look into and see if we can change smile

Nanny0gg Wed 18-May-16 14:35:10

GNHQ - I know there's a lot of effort going into updating Mumsnet but are there any plans to do the same here?

Would it be possible to have the ability to highlight the OP's and your own posts as on there?
And why don't the links for threads change colour when you've read them?

Just makes for easier reading.