Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Logging in

(9 Posts)
numberplease Sat 27-Aug-16 00:14:05

Each time I`ve come on Gransnet today, I`ve had to log in, I don`t usually, as I have the link in my favourites and just click on there. Is it a new system? I`d also forgotten my password and had to register a new one.

Charleygirl Sat 27-Aug-16 10:47:20

Not to my knowledge- I do not have to log in each time because I make sure that I do not log off! I have had to write down my password because I found it difficult getting back on track when I inadvertently logged myself out ages ago.

grannylyn65 Sat 27-Aug-16 14:15:34

I am logged out if I even look at another site! It is VERY annoying angry

Elegran Sat 27-Aug-16 14:41:54

Don't you tick the "Keep me logged in" button?

Ana Sat 27-Aug-16 14:43:51

I have no idea what my password is! I never log out and ticked the box, so even if asked to log in again GN only needs my Username (it fills in the password box automatically).

mcem Sat 27-Aug-16 15:09:15

Even with the box ticked to stay logged in I often find I have to log in again. What's more annoying is to be told my username and password are not recognised when I KNOW it's the one I used previously and wrote down. Have had to change my password several times because of this.

grannylyn65 Sat 27-Aug-16 15:12:54

Yes

numberplease Sat 27-Aug-16 18:37:05

Everything`s fine today.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Sun 28-Aug-16 09:55:30

Hi there - if you tick 'keep me logged in', it should remember your details for your next session.

mcem

What's more annoying is to be told my username and password are not recognised when I KNOW it's the one I used previously and wrote down.

To log in, you'll need your registered email address and password - we don't ask for usernames at the log in.