Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Ok Cari

(1001 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Thu 08-Sep-16 17:32:11

You warned me that the next time I was reported you would bar me. I have just had a post deleted.

Time to click?

Jalima Wed 12-Oct-16 17:13:57

Hurray! 1,000

soop Wed 12-Oct-16 17:12:13

Of course it isn't a real kitchen...jings was right. Okay...can we now accept that we each have a point of view and that to get hot and bothered is futile. I have apologised for being fragile/^thin skinned^ I shall do better in future.

wot Wed 12-Oct-16 17:09:16

I might have sprayed a bit of weed killer on an undeserving flower.

wot Wed 12-Oct-16 17:05:43

From what I remember, I ran to the kitchen because someone commented, quite rightly btw, that I was trying to fill the thread up. I don't think I "sprayed vitriol" on anyone, did I??

wot Wed 12-Oct-16 17:02:08

Except me, anya. Have the courage to name those who have offended you, please!?

Riverwalk Wed 12-Oct-16 16:54:18

I 'get' Merlot's argument.

Posters are free to start any thread they like with the aim of establishing a certain train of thought e.g. the low-carb thread. However, I've seen examples of posters getting into a scrap on a thread then heading off to the kitchen to make comment and claiming sanctuary from the scrap, with much patting on the head by the residents, and no-one dare argue the toss as the kitchen is sacrosanct.

In the memorable words of jings

it's not a real kitchen!"

soop Wed 12-Oct-16 16:50:19

Shall we call a truce? Go on...even jings was prepared to make up and bury the hatchet. Between us, over the course of Gransnet, we buried a whole tool box of hatchets. flowers

soop Wed 12-Oct-16 16:44:20

I've managed to do lots of boring stuff. By George, a second gift of flowers has been delivered and in the carton was a box of Thornton's chocs. Now then, I do understand that to you, the chocs are virtual. If I could, I would share them with all choc lovers right this minute. I've asked MacSporran to squirrel them away (until I get the next craving)...countdown begins right now. wink

NanaandGrampy Wed 12-Oct-16 16:44:09

Oops that should read perhaps more so than on other threads ! Damn mini phone screen !!

NanaandGrampy Wed 12-Oct-16 16:40:47

One of the benefits of the kitchen is that there are a limited number of posters on the thread so you do get to ' know' people perhaps more so on threads which just come and go .

I find that very appealing . It enables you to move from a virtual relationship to one based more in the real world .based on what you know about people .

I think there's only 2 threads that have that element . So there's plenty of room for lots of more speculative threads where it's about the content perhaps and less about people.

Anya Wed 12-Oct-16 16:36:58

It's not as if anyone would spray vitriol on others threads and then run for cover shouting 'sanctury I'm being picked upon' ...no one would do that wink

merlotgran Wed 12-Oct-16 16:36:01

Oh FGS. I didn't mean IN the kitchen.

I said THAT's WHY the kitchen was created - so that people could avoid conflict.

Anyway, I have animals to feed and a grandson to collect from the bus stop.

Laters.

trisher Wed 12-Oct-16 16:34:50

I'm certainly staying out of Soop's kitchen now. If you can't stand the heat- maybe that isn't appropriate-sorry!

DaphneBroon Wed 12-Oct-16 16:29:51

I am not aware of vitriol ever featuring among posters to in Soop's Kindly Kitchen.
The clue is in the name (Kindly) which is why I found it particularly hurtful to have my presence there called into question by an infrequent visitor.

merlotgran Wed 12-Oct-16 16:13:19

Not so much a premature judgement, Daphne just a bit of forward thinking.

If you're saying there were no vitriolic posts, deletions or flouncing, which I think is why Soop's Kitchen was created in the first place, then my memory is at fault. hmm

I could see a Gransnet slinter group emerging. Folk didn't used to channel their 'chat' on to one thread as they do now.

This is NOT a criticism. Just an observation.

wot Wed 12-Oct-16 16:13:18

I am daft. And get things wrong. No, but really, I do apologise for any bad feeling I've caused.

DaphneBroon Wed 12-Oct-16 16:12:49

I am sorry if I gave the impression that I thought you had repeated what merlot said, I was clear that it was her opinion, but clearly was wrong in interpreting your comments "Well,said" and " it's written carefully so deserves careful reading " to indicate agreement.
It should be clear that my comments relate to merlot's post of 9.36 and from which I quoted.

Ana Wed 12-Oct-16 16:11:09

Yes, I know what merlot meant too. It's nothing to do with soop herself at all, just one or two regulars in the Kitchen.

wot, I think you just jumped to the wrong conclusion.

wot Wed 12-Oct-16 16:10:45

Does anyone remember the song from Chas and Dave which goes:
I don't care
I don't care
Ive got me beer
in the sideboard ere
Let muvver sort im art'
If he comes round ere.

thatbags Wed 12-Oct-16 16:08:24

Oops! Forgot the smile

thatbags Wed 12-Oct-16 16:07:56

Dinnae fash yoursel', wot. It's no big deal, just explanatory, which some people seemed to need.

wot Wed 12-Oct-16 16:00:34

I bet ive put my size 5's in it again???

wot Wed 12-Oct-16 16:00:02

THhatbags, what did I refer to; do you mean today? My memory is shocking?

thatbags Wed 12-Oct-16 15:56:09

I think my previous post more or less says what you have just said to me, db. I have never claimed that the Soop Kitchen was divisive.

I can still understand what merlot's point was, and what wot referred to on both this thread and the kitchen one.

Jalima Wed 12-Oct-16 15:55:50

I'm not well-informed or even sensible (apparently) but everyone is entitled to have their say on political threads Wobblybits!

24 more

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion