Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Advertising etc

(6 Posts)
NfkDumpling Mon 19-Dec-16 18:03:31

I have no problems with the sponsored discussions. Some I read most I don't. And mostly I have no problem with the adverts although it does amaze me how quickly ads appear relevant to something I've only looked up in the last ten seconds on my browser. I did find the horrible yellow banners taking up so much of my laptop screen very intrusive to the threads. Too much can be too intrusive.

rosesarered Fri 16-Dec-16 19:32:08

Yes, message understood, if we don't want to participate we don't need to comment unfavourably on it.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 15-Dec-16 16:09:27

Hi Ana. Yes, you're probably right. We would like to keep the site running though. And thank you. We'll try steer them towards more relevant questions in future. tchsmile

Ana Thu 15-Dec-16 16:03:29

Sorry, meant to add message understood regarding advertisers, but honestly, sometimes it's difficult not to query some of their assumptions about us...

Ana Thu 15-Dec-16 16:00:14

Not sure how many takers you'd get if GN suddenly started charging a fee for membership (no other site I'm on does!).

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 15-Dec-16 15:40:13

Hi all,
As you know, Gransnet is currently free (FREE!) for anyone to use. We'd really like to keep it that way and so we do rely on advertising, sponsored discussions and mentions in the press. We'd be very grateful if you could bear that in mind before commenting on any sponsored discussions, media requests etc. If there's something that particularly offends you then please email us at contactus and we'll very happily take a look. Thank you tchgrin