Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Umbrella threads

(16 Posts)
seacliff Thu 02-Feb-17 15:52:10

"the Cafe is meant to be a specifically non-combative place for everyday connections (and supported by the Jo Cox commission)."

But Soops Kitchen has already being doing that for years.Now people can't find it so easily as it's been lumped in under Cafe.

And what about Chat? doesn't that duplicate Cafe?

I think it would have been a good idea to ask for suggestions/comments from Gransnetters before this was done.

chocolatepudding Thu 02-Feb-17 15:34:56

Please put all the games threads together in a forum.

ninathenana Thu 02-Feb-17 14:31:23

Welshwife
There are a few word games threads. Word Association is one. They are visible on the active page.

Ana Thu 02-Feb-17 11:13:56

A Games forum won't keep all the games together on the Active list, but I suppose a list under Games on Forums would make it easier for people to see what's available...

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 02-Feb-17 11:09:42

A Games forum topic makes complete sense, yes! We'll get on to that and see what we can do. While Chat can be about anything and everything, the Cafe is meant to be a specifically non-combative place for everyday connections (and supported by the Jo Cox commission).

Christinefrance Thu 02-Feb-17 10:58:42

Yes I'm still puzzled by the whole cafe thing. Seems superfluous to me .

Lona Thu 02-Feb-17 10:12:33

I don't really see the point of the Café title when we already have Chat.

Lona Thu 02-Feb-17 10:11:13

Maybe the Active list could just consist of the active group titles, so we would just click on the group title of choice, then the active threads within would appear.
Don't know how easy that would be to implement.

Welshwife Thu 02-Feb-17 10:05:38

What games are we talking about? I never even knew there were any threads!grin

Ana Thu 02-Feb-17 10:05:25

I'm just wondering how it would work. The new Café doesn't keep all the subjects together, they're all over the Active list.

ninathenana Thu 02-Feb-17 09:59:43

I vote for that too.

seacliff Thu 02-Feb-17 09:59:41

Great idea.

Peep Thu 02-Feb-17 09:57:08

Good idea.

Christinefrance Thu 02-Feb-17 09:49:35

I agree with that suggestion mcem

Teetime Thu 02-Feb-17 09:42:58

I agree I would quite like the games all put together.

mcem Thu 02-Feb-17 09:40:26

Given that quite a few members aren't wild about changes imposed without consultation, I'd like to put something forward for consideration by those concerned.
Since GNHQ is looking at 'umbrella' titles for threads I'd like to suggest grouping all the games together. There are lots of them and I for one would prefer not to have to scroll through all of them. However I think interested parties should be consulted before more changes are made.