Gransnet forums

Site stuff

A Petition: Please can we have the old site layout back.

(105 Posts)
M0nica Mon 14-Aug-17 17:25:49

I thought this might be a a simple way to make it clear that new site design is a disaster. We can discuss its failings on the existing thread. This one just says

Please can we have the old site lay out back

sara4 Fri 25-Aug-17 20:16:01

I wanted to look for 'I'm on' but a pass word word was required. I'm fed up with being asked forgotten your password or do you want to change your pass word. You click yes when they ask, keep me logged in. Then they don't, remember you.

FarNorth Fri 25-Aug-17 19:23:09

Good point, Atqui.

Atqui Fri 25-Aug-17 16:40:35

I don't mind the layout, but Imdont like my post being coloured. I think that should be a matter of choice. I keep signed in to GN and I don't want my family reading my posts. ( we all have our little foibles)

grumppa Wed 23-Aug-17 00:00:48

There seem to be two versions of Last Hour available: the abbreviated one I complained about several days ago, and the traditional, informative one that I saved to home screen on my iPad way back and use regularly to access GN. It is only by using the home screen route that I can avoid the abbreviated one.

Why this should be I have no idea!

Chewbacca Tue 22-Aug-17 23:07:00

OP is green on mine too. Used to be blue. Maybe Specsavers have asked GNHQ to do covert eye tests on us to see if we can still recognise red/green/blue? hmm

mcem Tue 22-Aug-17 23:01:14

Sorry - utter confusion.
I posted to say that I'm On was better ( showing several posts) and asked if we could have the same layout for Last Hour.
Maybe my subconscious told me to expect it????
Last Hour has been in the shortened version since the 'improvements' so you're quite right Bella. It hasn't changed today.
Time to switch off and listen to The Archers!!

Bellanonna Tue 22-Aug-17 22:53:37

OP is green on mine. never look at logo.

mcem Tue 22-Aug-17 22:53:34

Earlier this evening Last Hour showed several posts under the thread title. Now it's back to showing only the one most recent post.
I posted earlier to say I liked that format and now I'm posting to say I don't like this (new) one.
Confused!!!!

Esspee Tue 22-Aug-17 22:51:33

The most irritating thing about it is not knowing which posts are from the OP. Second most irritating is the serif typeface. Then that awful logo..........

Chewbacca Tue 22-Aug-17 22:50:30

My page has gone from glaring white to grey and my posts have gone from blue to pink. I cannot see "last hour" on the mobile site. All this change seems to have been for little actual improvement overall.

Bellanonna Tue 22-Aug-17 22:48:33

In what way mcem? It looks the same on my iPad

mcem Tue 22-Aug-17 22:43:01

Why has the Last Hour format changed between 9.30 and now?

TriciaF Tue 22-Aug-17 19:07:13

I preferred the old layout but have the impression that pressure has been put on both Gransnet and Mumsnet (from advertisers and financial supporters?) to make these changes.
But I didn't like the intro about "We're so excited " etc - made me suspicious at once. Why not own up to what it's about? We're not doolally yet on here.

Wheniwasyourage Tue 22-Aug-17 18:45:25

I'm signing, as I'm not keen on the font and I find the "I'm On" layout is more difficult to read. Quite like the new highlight for my own previous posts as it's clearer, but I just wish it wasn't pink/purple!

norose4 Tue 22-Aug-17 14:52:07

Yes please

ninathenana Tue 22-Aug-17 12:24:39

Within the last few hrs they have made the OP green and my posts pink on mobile
I can't keep up !

Jalima1108 Tue 22-Aug-17 12:23:09

I didn't mean the lilac was better, it was rather a surprise!

However, the general layout is clearer now; the experimental layout looked like the type that sometimes comes up by mistake instead of the real thing.

Ana Tue 22-Aug-17 12:21:26

Well, I can't say it was top of my 'must have' list! grin

Jalima1108 Tue 22-Aug-17 11:57:46

That's much better!
Thank you

JackyB Tue 22-Aug-17 11:43:42

So far, I don't have problems with the format (I always go to "Active" rather than "Last hour" or "I'm on"), but I do think the Times font is unsuitable. It's OK for a printed book or newspaper, but when it's just our jottings in the forums, it really shouldn't be so official-looking.

Jalima1108 Tue 22-Aug-17 11:32:07

I like it!

Do the Grandads get blue? Or is that a sexist remark?

Jalima1108 Tue 22-Aug-17 11:31:19

Gosh, I'm pink!!

well, more of a fetching lilac

Jalima1108 Tue 22-Aug-17 11:30:32

Can't help but wonder who these GNHQ techies are
They are all sitting there in their onesies and Vans beavering away telling the oldies what they need.

Cherrytree59 Tue 22-Aug-17 11:27:00

Little gremlins
They slip in when they think we are all asleepwink

Ana Tue 22-Aug-17 10:30:26

My post is purple!