Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Sharing

(13 Posts)
Pittcity Tue 20-Feb-18 17:43:40

I have a shortcut icon to the forums and so have no need to click on the email links. Bluebelle

CassieJ Tue 20-Feb-18 17:40:42

I can't get on it via email either. I click on the topic and it takes me straight to share and wants to send me to Facebook. I can't go anywhere else as it won't let me. I am not clicking on share, this is where the link is taking me.
Only way I can access gransnet is to go directly in it.
I don't want to view topics via FB, I hope this isn't the way it is going to go as I will no longer be using it if it is.

BlueBelle Tue 20-Feb-18 17:35:40

Does everyone but me go to GN through an email I just click on my GN icon ?

grannysyb Tue 20-Feb-18 17:20:25

Agree with Bamm, impossible to access first topic, it's only because I have an old email from Gransnet that I am able to get into the site. PLEASE get rid of this!

Bamm Tue 20-Feb-18 15:42:51

It is impossible to access the first topic TomGransnet.

BlueBelle Tue 20-Feb-18 15:20:48

I m missing out I don’t have any share messages on my iPad what am I missing ?

HAZBEEN Tue 20-Feb-18 15:17:30

If I go in via the daily email it wont let me past the link to facebook, I cant close it and I cant get any further. I dont want to share on Facebook!

mcem Tue 20-Feb-18 15:15:52

Am I the only one who joined on day one but doesn't remember having this share feature?
If it was there I certainly didn't use it then and wouldn't use it now if it were brought back.

Marydoll Tue 20-Feb-18 14:43:28

This is driving me mad on my PC.
I'm being asked to share, but I am not on Facebook and have no wish to be.
I cannot get rid of the pop up.

TomGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 20-Feb-18 14:37:58

Hi all,

This is a feature we had previously and have been looking at bringing back. If you click on the thread you should get the thread as ever - if you don't want to share simply don't click on share. But we are grateful for your feedback and ironing out any kinks.

Mamissimo Tue 20-Feb-18 14:25:49

I think theres an issue with the daily email today - if you click on the link to a forum it is taking you to a Facebook share pop up. Maybe usual service will be resumed tomorrow? I checked and by opening GN the normal way you don’t get the pop up.

tanith Tue 20-Feb-18 14:14:00

Not sure I understand, why are you accessing GN through FB? Just use the GN website itself.

grannysyb Tue 20-Feb-18 13:55:15

I can't get into Gransnet on either my laptop or mobile. Today's site keeps asking me to "share". I am in the process of leaving facebook, and it will take 90 days before I am free of it. If I go back into it they will assume I am re-joining. Do I have to "share" in order to access Gransnet?