Gransnet forums

Site stuff

PM's

(24 Posts)
ninathenana Thu 28-Jun-18 09:09:09

Since the recent problems with the mobile site, I have lost the icons at the top of the page for accessing pm's etc. I have had to go to desktop to pm someone. I really don't like using desktop on my phone which is how I use the net. So please can someone tell me how to pm from the mobile site now ?
I know I can use the three dots on a post from someone but that means trawling through to find one of their posts.

kittylester Thu 28-Jun-18 09:11:09

Me too, nina!

downtoearth Thu 28-Jun-18 09:47:18

And me

hildajenniJ Thu 28-Jun-18 14:18:29

Nina, do you see three purple dots on the bottom right of the individual posts? Tap on those and a menu appears from which you can choose to report, private message etc. I still have them on my tablet.

hildajenniJ Thu 28-Jun-18 14:20:51

Sorry Nina, I've just read our post properly. Now I don't know how you'd do it if you want to pm someone not on the thread.

BlueBelle Thu 28-Jun-18 14:25:49

Have you not got the inbox icon at the top ? on both my iPhone and my iPad I have a yellow rectangle that says inbox if you click on that then click on new message and put it to whoever you want
I don’t have any dots by a post but the words private message ?
I m on the mobile site why are we all so different ?

hildajenniJ Thu 28-Jun-18 14:28:51

I'm like a dog with a bone here.

If you tap on the three dots beside your own post you can PM yourself! Just erase your name and add the name of whoever you want to send a message to. I hope that makes sense.

hildajenniJ Thu 28-Jun-18 14:32:18

BlueBelle, I don't have a yellow inbox icon on my tablet or phone. My phone is an android phone. Perhaps Gransnet is different on an iPhone or iPad.

ninathenana Thu 28-Jun-18 16:00:26

Nothing at all at the top of the page on my android phone. Just Gransnet in red and a drop down menu which doesn't include PM's

hilda good idea thanks, didn't think of that.

kittylester Thu 28-Jun-18 17:50:14

There was one nina, wasn't there! And there isn't now! Xx

ninathenana Thu 28-Jun-18 18:26:40

Yes, kitty glad you agree smile I would be doubting myself

annep Thu 28-Jun-18 19:18:36

I have to tap on desktop to access pms. I didnt have to previously. Also a like buton would be very useful.

Greenfinch Sun 01-Jul-18 12:44:34

Is everyone aware that notifications of emails now goes into the junk folder ;well mine does anyway ? I now need to look at my junk folder or GN inbox every day or so as I have been missing a few. Your experience may be different so please feel free to ignore this. I used to always rely on the email notification as before.

kittylester Mon 02-Jul-18 16:51:02

Mine used to but I marked them to always go in my Focussed Inbox

Greenfinch Mon 02-Jul-18 17:11:45

How do you do that kittylester ?

kittylester Mon 02-Jul-18 17:24:17

Errm, I'll have to go and do it!! Back in a mo.

kittylester Mon 02-Jul-18 17:28:24

Ok!! I have a Focused Inbox, Other and Spam. If an email comes into my 'Other' box I can open it and then click on 'Move' at the top and choose which folder I want it to come to. Possibly!! I don't know if that is possibly from Spam as I never open my spam inbox.

Greenfinch Mon 02-Jul-18 17:34:30

I only have an Inbox and Junk mail so I guess I will just have to put up with it ..Thanks kitty.

BlueBelle Mon 02-Jul-18 18:59:14

I signed up to the newsletter but have never ever got one

Greenfinch Mon 02-Jul-18 19:06:20

I get a daily email listing some of the current threads and advertising a competition or a recipe. Is this the newsletter ?

PamelaJ1 Mon 02-Jul-18 19:11:00

I’ve just accessed my inbox after reading this and discovered I’ve got messages from over a year ago.
Apologies to all who pm’d me and didn’t get an answer. I wasn’t being rude- just ignorant.

kittylester Mon 02-Jul-18 19:20:12

I think it might work in Junk Mail, greenfinch.

Synonymous Mon 09-Jul-18 10:58:29

I thought it was just me as I am currently a bit of a technophobe. I have been trying to clear up my emails so I can't even tap into those now! I don't seem to have yellow boxes anymore or dots. confused

Synonymous Mon 09-Jul-18 10:59:50

I have been biting the carpet! That doesn't work either! hmm