Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Things you wish you could do online

(21 Posts)
Menopaws Wed 21-Nov-18 10:51:03

Or put duvet covers on?

Oakleaf Tue 20-Nov-18 20:20:10

Thanks for this thread. It reminded me of a pitch on Dragons's Den for an app which would automatically look for discount vouchers for whichever retailer's site a shopper was browsing. Although the developers got offers from the dragons the deal didn't go through. However, they secured other funding and the app is up and running. It's called Pouch. Story here startups.co.uk/dragons-den-success-stories-pouch/

Menopaws Tue 20-Nov-18 19:52:59

Could it make dinner every night please? I'm getting fed up with it

Scribbles Tue 20-Nov-18 11:02:48

Edit a post on GN!

PamelaJ1 Mon 19-Nov-18 16:33:17

I’m posting just after going on the. Cadbury thread.
We need an app that makes it easy to source goods and companies that are ethical, eco friendly and pay their taxes.

Maggiemaybe Sun 18-Nov-18 07:37:51

I’ve had problems with the Blood Donor site as well, rubysong, and reported them (to no avail). It once gave me the wrong information when I tried to find out when I could next give blood. The date given was too early and I was told this was because the person in charge of a session might allow you to donate early under certain circumstances. confused

Grandma2213 Sun 18-Nov-18 03:22:08

'Get off the apps and use your brain!' Oh did I just say that out loud?

rubysong Sun 18-Nov-18 01:33:10

Make sense of the Blood Donors website. I spent most of yesterday evening trying to give them my change of address. It wouldn't accept the password I already had, I tried registering and set up a new password, they sent me an email with a link to activate it and it wouldn't accept the new password. Very frustrating.

Granny23 Sat 17-Nov-18 20:37:52

As both our nearby Bank Branches have closed over the last year, I would like a banking ap where you are able to deposit or cash cheques or pay in large quantities of cash after a fundraising event.

henetha Sat 17-Nov-18 10:30:17

Have my car MOT'd .

Lollin Sat 17-Nov-18 09:52:25

Spot fakes at the touch if an app!
Would save a lot of money and time particularly when trying to find genuine trades people, hotel reviews etcetera
and many other situations that modern living throws at us.

br0adwater Sat 17-Nov-18 08:27:18

Being able to amend or delete a post to Gransnet when I spot a mistake I've made

loopyloo Sat 17-Nov-18 07:54:38

Weeding at the allotment.

Anja Fri 16-Nov-18 22:14:12

Marydoll if you lived in London you could register with GP on hand. That’s the kind of thing you are talking about.

M0nica Fri 16-Nov-18 21:37:35

The ironing and cleaning.

ninathenana Fri 16-Nov-18 15:06:51

jenpax ask at your surgery. Our GP sends our repeat script automatically to the pharmacy of our choice every two months and we get a text from pharmacy when meds are ready for collection.

jenpax Fri 16-Nov-18 11:15:04

More things to remind me of stuff I need to do, my local GP now texts the day before an apt to remind which is great and I can now pay for my car park ticket using an app which sends me a text 10 mins before my ticket runs out also great; however since my cancer I find my memory is a bit more ropey so more apps to remind me when my meds are running out and possibly to reorder for me automatically without having to call the pharmacy to reorder

Pittcity Wed 14-Nov-18 18:39:15

I would like the apps and websites that I already use to be more robust as there are always times that they don't work. Better wifi, 3g etc. everywhere would help.

Maggiemaybe Wed 14-Nov-18 17:50:30

Poor little thing, Marydoll. Earache is awful. I hope she's better now.

I have to send off publicity for a local society to various publications between the 2nd and 10th of each month, and I invariably forget. I'd like to be able to get all the twelve emails written, and for them just to send themselves out on the right dates. To be fair, there probably already is an app to do this, but I don't know about it.

Marydoll Wed 14-Nov-18 17:10:16

Today my three year old granddaughter developed excruciating ear ache whilst we were looking after her. She had already seen a GP this morning about her asthma.
I phoned the surgery for advice, as she had cried non stop for over an hour , saying her ear was sore. The doctor she had seen was out on house calls and would get back to me. Fair enough.
I left a message saying what my concerns were, as the receptionist tried to type accurately all the information.
If there had been an online facility to seek advice , listing key facts, medicine dosage given, temperature etc, it would have been much more efficient , saved time and a lot of distress.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 14-Nov-18 16:30:14

We were just musing, as one does, over things that apps can do and how they have revolutionised everything from paying bills to booking tickets and doing a supermarket shop from the comfort of your sofa. But what other things do you wish there was an online 'thing' for to make life easier? That you could click onto to make something happen/remind you of stuff/work things out? Really interested in your thoughts.