Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Highlighted OP posts

(21 Posts)
Summerlove Sat 09-Mar-19 12:21:10

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the OP posts are no longer highlighted?

ninathenana Sat 09-Mar-19 12:25:49

Apart from the OP's first post being green and my own being pink (mobile site) I don't think OP's follow on posts have ever been highlighted hmm
Got me thinking now.

sodapop Sat 09-Mar-19 12:27:45

They are still highlighted on my screens Summerlove no change at all.

Ailsa43 Sat 09-Mar-19 12:55:31

Just the initial OP, and my own are highlighted...

Summerlove Sat 09-Mar-19 12:57:17

Hmm. Op follow on posts were definitely highlighted for me yesterday.

I’m using mobile site.

Bathsheba Sat 09-Mar-19 13:01:16

I've never seen OP subsequent posts highlighted, not on my iMac, my Windows laptop, my iPad, nor my iPhone (using mobile site). Are you sure you're not thinking of MN? They have the OP's subsequent posts highlighted. To my knowledge GN never have hmm

Summerlove Sat 09-Mar-19 16:25:34

I’m positive.

I’m not on mumsnet

Charleygirl5 Sat 09-Mar-19 16:34:22

Never been on Mumsnet and my posts are always highlighted in green. I have a desktop computer.

Summerlove Sat 09-Mar-19 16:40:17

So just mine have changed ?

Hopefully will get back to “normal” soon, I quite enjoyed the feature

BlueBelle Sat 09-Mar-19 17:07:13

Mine have only ever shown green for original post and pink for my posts no change at all

I m on mobile on ipad and subsequent original poster posts have * never* been highlighted for me

LullyDully Sat 09-Mar-19 17:18:59

And what's more I posted two days ago in arts and crafts and it didn't show in the active discussions. I must have done something wrong , or my post wasn't much good.

Grannybags Sat 09-Mar-19 21:01:05

I've only ever seen green for original post and pink for mine. I wish subsequent posts from op were highlighted so it would be easier to see if they commented any more on the thread.

Urmstongran Sat 09-Mar-19 21:31:14

I think that would be really useful Grannybags especially when the thread gets really long.

Bathsheba Sat 09-Mar-19 22:37:32

Exactly Grannybags - they have that feature on MN, with all subsequent posts by the OP being highlighted and it is so useful. I've always wished we had it here, but for some reason this feature isn't available on GN, and I'm almost certain it never has been.

Bathsheba Sat 09-Mar-19 22:43:16

LullyDully there are two posts by you in the Arts and Crafts forum, both the same, titled Art in a Sad Time. Are they the ones you were referring to? Threads that appear as 'active' are the 50 latest threads that have had activity. At the moment they are all threads that have had posts added today, 9th March. The last post on your two threads was 8th March, which is why it's not appearing under 'active'. smile

Summerlove Sun 10-Mar-19 01:14:46

Grannybags, I literally had it as a feature yesterday.

Summerlove Sun 10-Mar-19 01:15:41

bathsheba I’m telling you I had it yesterday. If I hadn’t I wouldn’t have made this thread ??‍♀️

BlueBelle Sun 10-Mar-19 06:58:09

Well Summertime either you are the privileged one or had a drink too many ? as no one else seems to have had that happen
We have asked HQ if we can but never been granted it and yes it would be nice and make things clearer

Seriously though have you still got that facility or was it a brief moment of pleasure

shandi6570 Sun 10-Mar-19 09:43:36

Sorry, I beg to differ, as I had that feature too over four years ago when I first joined GN. On the day that I decided to change my viewing from 50 posts to 100 posts per page the OP word highlighting disappeared, except on original post. Although I tried changing back I was never able to retrieve this option so Summerlove, I for one do believe you and don't think you had a glass too many. smile

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Sun 10-Mar-19 10:39:28

Hi all,

Currently it's only the first OP's post that's highlighted and your own posts, but thanks for letting us know Summerlove. We will pass this onto our tech team and see why the other posts were highlighted for you. smile

And thank you all for your suggestions - we'll ask the tech team and hopefully get highlighted posts sorted soon!

Summerlove Sun 10-Mar-19 11:36:31

Thank you shandi. That’s what I had done too. Should have known not to switch to desktop site lol. I was enjoying the change so much.

Bluebelle, I’ve got all my faculties, and no wine in days. I had highlighted posts for weeks. I guess I’m one of the lucky ones.

Thank you natashagransnet