Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Odd message when trying to send PM's!

(16 Posts)
phoenix Tue 19-Mar-19 00:18:31

Hello all,

Is anyone else having this problem?

Sorry to post and run, but off to bed, however will read in the morning!

Good night all.

ninathenana Tue 19-Mar-19 07:15:39

I hardly ever send or receive pms, so I couldn't say

phoenix Tue 19-Mar-19 07:26:20

Receiving them ok, but still getting odd message when I try to send!

kittylester Tue 19-Mar-19 07:27:23

Me too. I've just tried to reply to one and can't!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 19-Mar-19 07:30:07

Morning all

Would it be possible to send us a screenshot of the message you are getting - then we can get tech to take a look. Although there were a couple of tech fixes last night so it may be that your sending coincided with those and all is now fine - let us know the timings. Thank you

kittylester Tue 19-Mar-19 07:35:36

Mine was this morning, cari. I'll try again.

notnecessarilywiser Tue 19-Mar-19 07:36:15

I PMd phoenix a few minutes ago without difficulty, she replied OK but when I went to send a message acknowledging receipt of her reply (from my Inbox) I got the following message and it didn't send. Hope this helps, CariGransnet .

success<script type="text/javascript" async src="/utilcave_com/inc/ezcl.webp?cb=4"></script>

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 19-Mar-19 07:39:22

Thank you, it really does

kittylester Tue 19-Mar-19 07:42:36

I got that and another saying something about not letting the page change the dialogue.

My screen shots show the name of the person sending the pms so I'd rather not show them.

kittylester Tue 19-Mar-19 07:56:09

Heres one that doesn't.

dragonfly46 Tue 19-Mar-19 08:06:00

I got the same message this morning 24 times!

cornergran Tue 19-Mar-19 08:19:54

Same thing happened to me this morning when using the ‘reply’ button. A new message seemed to send though. Guess I don’t know at the moment if it got there! Getting a bit tired of the IT ‘glitches’ recently. Grumble, grumble.

kittylester Tue 19-Mar-19 08:27:47

I am getting new messages, thank you all!!

Can't send replies!

sodapop Tue 19-Mar-19 08:30:47

Yes I'm getting fed up with the glitches we are currently experiencing cornergran I'm still getting the Error Gateway one and have to leave GN for a while then return.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 19-Mar-19 09:21:51

As you can imagine, to run a site of this size is enormously complex. There will inevitably be the odd glitch but we do try to sort these as fast as we can. We've tried something that may help so please let me know if these issues continue

EllanVannin Tue 19-Mar-19 09:33:29

I was mortified last night with messages getting churned out as soon as I wanted to send I got the javascript message like another poster did.
My entire mail section was scatty. I thought I'd been hacked.

Then just to cap things off I received a " withheld " call at 9,30 last night.