Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Gransnet ads

(11 Posts)
Purpledaffodil Thu 28-Nov-19 06:24:37

Inspired by this I just downloaded an ad blocker from the App Store. Several to choose from but this has a picture of a bear and lots of positive reviews. Time will tell if it’s worthwhile but suddenly I have a nice clear page with no flashing ads. Hurrah!

onaclearday Thu 28-Nov-19 04:03:36

Am I alone in suddenly seeing loads of ads on each page? It used to just show the words advertisement but not the actual horrible flashing content. Can I block these as I find them really distracting?

Anniebach Tue 30-Apr-19 10:08:43

I don’t like them, they make me feel ‘jumpy’ . Same as flashing lights

CassieJ Tue 30-Apr-19 10:02:45

I use ad blocker. Just google it and install. No ads then. I can't cope with ads all the time, they drive me mad.

BlueBelle Tue 30-Apr-19 05:21:47

Ads are completely lost on me never take a scrap of notice of them and yes I seem to be able to filter them out and lose them too

Anja Mon 29-Apr-19 22:46:29

You and I both momb

grandma60 Mon 29-Apr-19 22:03:19

I agree with Izabella about the moving graphics. The worst one is on my screen at the moment. The Mumsnet ad with the flashing battery. We had a similar one about a year ago and I had to resort to covering the top half of my screen.

mumofmadboys Mon 29-Apr-19 18:50:11

I just ignore the ads. My brain seems to filter them out.

Izabella Mon 29-Apr-19 18:42:48

Well I'm sorry but it does EXACTLY that ( "interrups your experience") When you have visual problems in the first place, moving graphics is the last thing you needed.

ninathenana Mon 29-Apr-19 15:15:15

Or just use an ad blocker
smilesmile

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 29-Apr-19 09:51:05

Hi all, smile

Just a heads up that there will be some changes to the way you see ads on site. From now on, if you spend a long time on a page, you may notice that the ads will 'refresh' and change. You will also notice that the leaderboard stays static at the top of the page when browsing on mobile.

These things shouldn't interrupt your experience but, as ever, if it does prevent you from using the site as you would normally, please let us know by emailing [email protected].