Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Highlighting posts

(15 Posts)
Summerlove Wed 21-Aug-19 16:26:24

Has anyone else found over the last few days they can no longer highlight posts to use for quoting?

Marydoll Wed 21-Aug-19 16:35:05

Summerlove, it still works for me.
Has anyone else found over the last few days they can no longer highlight posts to use for quoting?

I'm on a PC.

JomesRodrigues Mon 09-Sep-19 04:19:53

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Bathsheba Mon 09-Sep-19 07:02:55

Reported

BlueBelle Mon 09-Sep-19 08:03:39

I m not sure what you mean by highlighting I consider highlighting to be in another colour but that’s never happened for me ....if you mean italics yes that’s still fine if you mean darker yes that’s fine if you mean underlining yes that’s ok
I m on an iPad

Bathsheba Mon 09-Sep-19 20:33:49

BlueBelle if you want to copy and paste a part of a post, you need to highlight that section first, then ctrl+c to copy, and ctrl+v to paste into your post. I think that's what the OP is referring to - she is unable to highlight the section she wants to copy.

Gonegirl Mon 09-Sep-19 21:00:58

she is unable to highlight

It's ok on my iPad.

sodapop Mon 09-Sep-19 21:57:04

Far too complicated for me Bathsheba

BlueBelle Mon 09-Sep-19 22:28:25

No I can’t do that bathsheba but don’t think I ever have

BlueBelle Mon 09-Sep-19 22:31:59

No I can only highlight one word to copy not a whole sentence

Namsnanny Tue 10-Sep-19 01:25:34

No I can only highlight one word to copy not a whole sentence

I can highlight and drag (as above) sometimes but not very often.

Usually its quicker to just re type the sentence or word!!

Coolgran65 Tue 10-Sep-19 03:06:34

Bluebell I'm the same. Can only highlight one word. I'm on a Kindle.

Bathsheba Tue 10-Sep-19 07:23:46

Ah well you see I’m usually on my PC, but I don’t have any problem copying and pasting on my iPad or iPhone if the need arises. You just double tap on one of the words and then drag the little ‘handles’ at each end of the highlight till it extends over the whole sentence. IYSWIM.

BlueBelle Tue 10-Sep-19 08:27:10

Ah well you see I’m usually on my PC, but I don’t have any problem copying and pasting on my iPad or iPhone if the need arises. You just double tap on one of the words and then drag the little ‘handles’ at each end of the highlight till it extends over the whole sentence. IYSWIM

Blimey I never knew about the handles Bathsheba you learn something new every day Thank you Yes I can now highlight on my iPad whoopee that will save time writing it all out

ZoeGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 10-Sep-19 09:52:46

Hi Everyone

Thanks for letting us know about this. We've asked the GNHQ tech team to look into this and they should hopefully come up with a fix soon.

Best wishes