Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Anybody else being denied entry?

(11 Posts)
Gonegirl Tue 27-Aug-19 16:28:28

shock And just what did ZoeGN say that Lara had to delete?!

wink

ZoeGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 27-Aug-19 15:58:40

Hi everyone

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with logging in. We'll raise this with our tech team and see what we can do.
As a quick work around if you make sure you tick 'stay signed in' when you log in this helps.

Thanks!

ZoeGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 27-Aug-19 15:57:35

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MawB Tue 27-Aug-19 15:46:54

I have deleted all “history” from the iPad plus all the opened pages (double click then swipe upwards) and reinstalled the GN to my home page by opening on Google then adding to my home page.
At least I think that is what I did!
All trial and error though.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 27-Aug-19 15:42:09

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Re the 'Cruise off the Cuff', those are planned ads running on the site with Norwegian Cruise Lines so not to worry, nothing dodgy there. Re the other queries, we'll take a look into them and get back to you soon. smile

Liaise Tue 27-Aug-19 14:05:23

Like MAWB I am unable to access Gransnet from my IPad but have no trouble with my IPhone. This has been going on for nearly a week now. Any ideas from HQ?

EllanVannin Sat 24-Aug-19 17:45:20

I don't have to sign in but I get the privacy thing to highlight every now and again. I obviously have to keep agreeing or I won't get on the forum.

B9exchange Sat 24-Aug-19 17:36:26

I am signed out of Gransnet every 15 minutes or so on my laptop, it is driving me mad having to log back in every time I want to post something. According to GNHQ this is because I am using a Firefox browser, but I am using Firefox on my phone and I stay logged in on that. It means I am having to accept or reject their options every few minutes!

Anyone else having this problem?

MawB Sat 24-Aug-19 17:29:08

I cannot understand why I can get onto GN on one of my iPads and my phone but the other iPad shows the old "error message"

Any thoughts?

Caledonai14 Sat 24-Aug-19 17:13:14

Just to add I'm now looking at four ads for cruiseoff the cuff on the same GN page. There's something a bit dodgy here, surely.

Wish I hadn't clicked accept but I'll just have a wee look round before I leave. Good lucki all.

Caledonai14 Sat 24-Aug-19 17:10:44

I've been with GN a while now and, while I dislike tailored ads, I accept that it costs money to run a free-access site like this and console myself with running a programme that knocks out tracking cookies every so often.

For the past two days, I've been denied access to Gransnet (even when signed out and trying to come in as a visitor) unless I accepted a much-longer-than-usual agreement to allow access to all sorts of things including ip addresses. I am most uncomfortable with this, especially as the page tag said cruiseoffthecuff and not Grans Net.

Lo and behold, when I reluctantly gave in just now and came in, the first ad is for cruiseoffthecuff. Surprise.

As I said, I don't mind ads and accept them as a necessary evil, but I do a lot of research online and enjoy chatting here about lots of subjects. It can be distressing to find what I do (even off GN) is tracked by ad companies.

I should be able to say no to the tracking and still look in as a visitor.

I am probably going to leave GN in the next few days but wondered if anyone else had any thoughts?